1834 half dime

hunter78

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has to be the best find ever for me.It was only about 3 inches down on an old property I could not belive what I had I have never found a bust coin and it looks like it was just minted yesterday.Nedless to say I was shaking I called it a day to take it home I was so worried I would lose it or dammage it.I have been back since with many other good finds but none this old or good IMAG0083.jpgIMAG0082.jpgSorry I this is the best picture I could get with my phone it has a full strong liberty only a few letters on the back are week and very minor scratches.

Upvote 2
Thats a great find any of us would be proud finding ...Congrats good job .

Harold

Not bad. How long you been in the trade? I been swinging all over seven ways to sunday for twenty years and I aint never found bust crap. Outstanding hit.:headbang:

I have been doing it for 10 years or so but in the last 2 years I have been really into it.I do a lot of research using websites with satalite pictures to find old sites.I just started asking people to hunt there yards with old houses from the 17 an 18 hundreds and have been getting a lot of go aheads it is working because they are virgin sites

Dont give up they are out there your day will come

I found one of these after a rain just walking down a haul road composed of old dirt from downtown Madison. It was actually just sitting up on a little pedestal of dirt like a presentation.

Never have found another.

Too Cool......the half dime is my Nemesis. I have been fortunate to make it into the 1700's once and found most of the common coins minted in the 1800's. No gold coin (which is most of us ) and no half dime. Want a half dime so bad I can taste it. Gonna keep swinging the coil and maybe someday.:icon_thumleft:

Bust is hard to come by - nice find:icon_thumleft:

And polished with baking soda or toothpaste. :(

Nice find.

Congrats. I know I always wanted to find one. The day I did I remember being amazed how tiny they are. I was hoping for a half dime when I saw the tiny edge. Mine was an 1834 too. I would have been happy with any half dime but a bust is even better.

Don
HH

Wow what a find

Congrats on an awesome coin!!!

Ugh, the value has been polished right out of that coin :BangHead:

Still a nice find.

Dynamite Coin!!!looks to be in great shape!

Just soap and water in between my fingers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back