Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lined up this property about a month ago, but wasn't able to hit it until today. With the temps here in NC today going to reach 95 degrees I put on my ShamWow underwear and bug spray and headed out. I started out in the front yard and quickly realized there were not the old coins I was hoping for. :dontknow: My oldest coins today were three 1940's wheat pennies.
I did dig up what looks to be an old lead dice in the front yard. I don't see any dots indented like dice have, but there are grid like markings on some of the sides scratched in. :icon_scratch:
The back yard turned up most of the older finds including a CW era North Carolina state seal button (23mm) with a fairly rare "S.A. Myers / Richmond Va." back mark. It is listed as NC 8a in Albert's button book. :thumbsup:

Another unusual find was the extra large parasol (umbrella) piece. Normally the ones we find are a lot smaller. This one may have been from a large sun umbrella? :toothy2:
Other finds include: lantern pieces, pocketknife, pottery shards, harmonica reed, and hem weight.
It was hot :sunny: but finding the NC button made it all worth it. Only one tick on me today too. :thumbsup:
Thanks for looking Folks,
MM

Attachments

• DSCN4229.JPG
    DSCN4229.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,402
  • MVC-151S.JPG
    MVC-151S.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,412
  • MVC-153S.JPG
    MVC-153S.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,398
  • MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,405
  • MVC-152S.JPG
    MVC-152S.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,401
  • MVC-158S.JPG
    MVC-158S.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,402
  • MVC-157S.JPG
    MVC-157S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,385
  • MVC-156S.JPG
    MVC-156S.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,369
  • MVC-155S.JPG
    MVC-155S.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,384
  • MVC-154S.JPG
    MVC-154S.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,373
Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey D, Sweeeet finds!!! :thumbsup: I know what you mean about the heat . . even the trees are begging for dogs. I finally got out today after 6:00. NC weather is not for sissies. ;D Breezie

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet NC button, Doug! :hello2: Nice relics, too. :icon_thumleft: Only one tick. :thumbsup:

"Shamwow" I had to google....too funny! :laughing11:

HH

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You dug a lot of good signals there MM. That's a great button. The lead die looks good too. That's on my wish list. You always seem to find lantern parts like Nana finds tax tokens. Great recoveries on a very HOT day. HH, Q.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Really nice finds. Congrats on the button. Stay cool.
Dman

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find on the NC! Alot of other great digs too! CongratS!!!!! :thumbsup:

U

umrgolf

Great button MM :headbang: :headbang: :occasion14:

That beauty will make one heckuva display next to the NC buckle

btornado71

Nov 7, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Hey In the 8th picture down you got that round thing that looks lick a washer but I think it might me part of an old sundial you could war on your wrist. I seen it on TV and this guy brought it into a Pawn Shop and it was worth a lot of money. That's pretty neat. I like laverne and shirley too. I like a lot of them old shows

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
btornado71 said:
Hey In the 8th picture down you got that round thing that looks lick a washer but I think it might me part of an old sundial you could war on your wrist. I seen it on TV and this guy brought it into a Pawn Shop and it was worth a lot of money. That's pretty neat. I like laverne and shirley too. I like a lot of them old shows
Great Pile o finds!
Congrats on the State Button :hello2:
That is a record setting parasol hub !
the die is a really cool find
BTornado, I think you may be speaking of a Curtain/hem weight,
along with parasol hubs and garter clips are the most whatsit requested items :D
I think I got a record setting hemweight the other day, for smallest, under 3/4"
Nice Hunt! Keep em comin :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breezie said:
Hey D, Sweeeet finds!!! :thumbsup: I know what you mean about the heat . . even the trees are begging for dogs. ;D Breezie

Thanks Breezie. I have never heard that expression. HILARIOUS! :laughing9:
-Doug-

Michiganne said:
Sweet NC button, Doug! :hello2: Nice relics, too. :icon_thumleft: Only one tick. :thumbsup
"Shamwow" I had to google....too funny! :laughing11:
HH

Thanks Mich. I have some twisted humor. :tongue3:
-Doug-

Woodland Detectors said:
Beautiful Confederate Button Doug :hello2: I want one!!!

Very nice finds, and great pics too buddy

Thanks Mike. I'm no James Bibb, but I'm trying. ;D
-Dug-

VOL1266-X said:
You dug a lot of good signals there MM. That's a great button. The lead die looks good too. That's on my wish list. You always seem to find lantern parts like Nana finds tax tokens. Great recoveries on a very HOT day. HH, Q.

Thanks for the info you sent me on the NC button Q. :thumbsup: Remember me telling you that the yards in this area were hit or miss as far as old relics? This one turned out to be a hit. :thumbsup:
-Dug-

Dman said:
Really nice finds. Congrats on the button. Stay cool.
Dman

Thanks Dman, Dman, Dman. Take care of that foot Buddy, and quit kicking Q so hard. :laughing9:
-Dug-

floodcitykid said:
Nice haul, I see harmonica parts, lamp parts...the dice or is it die could be carved lead, a soldiers past time.

TFCK

Thanks TFCK. You are correct. I've found both Union and Confederate soldier relics in this area. That die was a nice surprise. :o
-MM-

sekypaleo said:
Awesome find on the NC! Alot of other great digs too! CongratS!!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Sekypaleo. Too bad almost all of the gilt is gone, but I'm very glad to have this NC button. :thumbsup:
-MM-

umrgolf said:
Great button MM :headbang: :headbang: :occasion14:

That beauty will make one heckuva display next to the NC buckle

Thanks Jeff. If I only had that NC buckle still. :'( I let in go some time ago in order to help fund my kids college. I still have the magazine articles and photos as memories fortunately. It will be tough to top that find. :dontknow:
-Doug-

steelheadwill said:
btornado71 said:
Great Pile o finds!
Congrats on the State Button :hello2:
That is a record setting parasol hub ! The die is a really cool find
BTornado, I think you may be speaking of a Curtain/hem weight,
along with parasol hubs and garter clips are the most whatsit requested items :D
I think I got a record setting hemweight the other day, for smallest, under 3/4"
Nice Hunt! Keep em comin :thumbsup:

Thanks Herbie. :thumbsup: I had to chuckle when I dug that huge parasol hub. ;D
-Doug-

rtde3 said:
Doug that button is SWEET! :headbang:
That die is Awesome too!
That parasol hub must have been from a beach umbrella! :laughing7:
Looks like you were digging your A$$ off.
I bet you really put those Sam Wow's though a test! ;D
And only 1 tick?! You eather had good tick spray or your B.O. was strong! :D
Congrats Buddy! :thumbsup:

Thanks Buddy.
That's the great thing about those ShawWow underwear. You can just wring them out, put them back on, and keep going.
BTW- The Slap Chop works great on cutting Spanish silver coins into smaller bits. :laughing9:
Do you think if I wear a tick collar around my neck and one on each leg it would work? :dontknow: :tongue3:
Good luck out in the water Rob. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

lostlake88 said:
probably iron infested like the rest, but I guarantee there are nice coins there. keep at it.

Thanks LL. The owner had mentioned doing some Bobcat work soon in back, so I'll have to give it another shot once that is done to see if he stirs up any more relics. :thumbsup:
-MM-

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great place, hunt, and finds Dug ! :icon_thumleft: I like your sense of humor , even though ticks are awful , and disgusting , don't let them deter hunting . >:( I haven't tried dog collars , frontline , etc. but :icon_scratch: whatever it takes to stop them . The one in the pic tried to bite my buttocks , I killed it :violent1: many more will die !! It's WAR !! >:(

Attachments

• monster tick.png
    monster tick.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,294
  • monster tick.png
    monster tick.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,108

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8) The die is very kewl, MM! I've only ever found one.

IMG_7632.JPG

And you know Nana thinks the button is tops! :notworthy: You had a fantastic hunt! :icon_pirat: I don't have any ShamWow undies so I've not been hunting this summer. :tongue3: :D

me~

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Hey Doug tell it like it is Buddy, Us Hoosiers like the heat man :icon_sunny: Those are some typical finds from you Pal. Always great stuff. I will be there tomorrow to dig the privy :tongue3: I wish! Congrats on all the great stuff, the buttons are killer! jgas

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:icon_thumleft:
Congrats MM on the nice NC button. I know the heat is brutal this time of year and that find made it all worth it!
Keith

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't it feel nice when you find a home state CW button :icon_sunny: Nice finds ! Good luck on your return trip ! MaineRelic

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all us newbies: which one was the hem weight? ??? And what was the ring? (Near the buttons, pottery in first pix) Nice variety of finds!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CMDiamonddawg said:
Great place, hunt, and finds Dug ! :icon_thumleft: I like your sense of humor , even though ticks are awful , and disgusting , don't let them deter hunting . >:( I haven't tried dog collars , frontline , etc. but :icon_scratch: whatever it takes to stop them . The one in the pic tried to bite my buttocks , I killed it :violent1: many more will die !! It's WAR !! >:(

Thanks Dawg. Ya gotta have humor. :laughing9:
What the "H" is that picture you posted? If that thing bit you I'd be seeing a doctor! Looks like some space monster from one of those 1950's B-grade flicks. :o :laughing9:
-Doug-

Nana40 said:
8) The die is very kewl, MM! I've only ever found one.
images.jpg
And you know Nana thinks the button is tops! :notworthy: You had a fantastic hunt! :icon_pirat: I don't have any ShamWow undies so I've not been hunting this summer. :tongue3: :D
me~

Thanks Nana.
I like your die better. Great find young lady. :thumbsup:
If I had a pool like you I wouldn't be out digging either. Is the Tiki bar up yet? :occasion14: Did you get Charlie a grass skirt? :tongue3: :laughing9:
Have a great week,
Dug

jgas said:
Hey Doug tell it like it is Buddy, Us Hoosiers like the heat man :icon_sunny: Those are some typical finds from you Pal. Always great stuff. I will be there tomorrow to dig the privy :tongue3: I wish! Congrats on all the great stuff, the buttons are killer! jgas

Thanks Brother.
I have lots of old 1800's privies to dig around here. :thumbsup:
Send me some of that cool Hoosier weather. ;D
-Dug-

SC Keith said:
:icon_thumleft:
Congrats MM on the nice NC button. I know the heat is brutal this time of year and that find made it all worth it!
Keith

Thanks Keith.
I have one other NC button but it is in worse shape and no readable back mark. This one made my day. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

MaineRelic said:
Doesn't it feel nice when you find a home state CW button :icon_sunny: Nice finds ! Good luck on your return trip ! MaineRelic

Thanks Maine.
It sure does. I didn't have my glasses on and swore I saw "CS" on the front. :tongue3: :laughing9: It was not to be. :-\
-Doug-

Tigger said:
For all us newbies: which one was the hem weight? ??? And what was the ring? (Near the buttons, pottery in first pix) Nice variety of finds!

Tigger,
Here is a picture of a hem weight. The ring turned out to be a toy junk ring. :'(
Thanks,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread