Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_5674.jpegIMG_5673.jpegIMG_5680.jpegIMG_5679.jpegIMG_5678.jpegIMG_5677.jpegIMG_5675.jpegFound these today in a junky area of a site I have hunted many times. Dug every signal and it payed off. The half dime had a hard life and the large cent date is ??

Upvote 26
View attachment 2136841View attachment 2136842View attachment 2136843View attachment 2136844View attachment 2136845View attachment 2136846View attachment 2136847Found these today 8in a junky area of a site I have hunted many times. Dug every signal and it payed off. The half dime had a hard life and the large cent date is ??

Too bad that the half dime is so damaged, it appears to be a key date coin if my eyes aren't playing tricks on me, I see a "O" mint mark, is that correct?

If so it would otherwise be worth a few hundred dollars.

Too bad that the half dime is so damaged, it appears to be a key date coin if my eyes aren't playing tricks on me, I see a "O" mint mark, is that correct?

If so it would otherwise be worth a few hundred dollars.
Not sure. I will try to magnify it.

I enlagred your photo and pretty sure I see the "O", it would be on the back just below the "m" in dime, here's a photo of one worth about $20,000

39683806_44733391_2200.jpg
Thanks for the info. A U Seeker

You are right , it is an o. View attachment 2136894

I would try to flatten it out, the best way to do that without further damage is to put it between 2 pieces of some hardwood and then into a vise and tighten down as much as you can, you may have to do that a few times moving the coin in between the wood to a new spot each time.

Killer hunt! I would totally anneal that dime before trying to flatten it out. It won't damage it and would make it a much more presentable piece. If you try to flatten without annealing it will almost certainly crack.

Killer hunt! I would totally anneal that dime before trying to flatten it out. It won't damage it and would make it a much more presentable piece. If you try to flatten without annealing it will almost certainly crack.
Thanks for the tip Oldmax. I will do that

Congrats on the nice finds!

Yeah that half dime has seen better days but it's still a really neat find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back