Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, got my AT Pro in the other day and have been testing it out. I'm really liking it. Got out for a very short hunt in standard mode the first day i got it and liked it. I set up a bunch of tests around gold, silver, clad, iron, etc. to help me learn the signaling. Then I moved to pro and started doing some custom lineups. I felt somewhat comfortable and decided to revisit the 1840 home that has been good to me. I have found indians, wheaties, but silver had evaded me.

Well, as you can tell from the title, I hit silver this morning. The first signal was a very strange one, but a nice high tone. I swept slowly from numerous angles and decided to dig because of the tone. Out came this beautiful sterling ring:

IMG00138-20111028-0912.jpg

That got me really excited. I moved to the front because I haven't had many signals worth digging there. Went to side of an old brick walk (that is no longer there) and hit another very iffy signal with a sweet high tone. Again, decided to dig and was rewarded with this 1923 mercury (which was on its side):

IMG00139-20111028-0913.jpg

Well, I was happy as a clam at that point and decided to hit that area little harder. Got yet another iffy signal, deep and hitting on penny signal. Again, decided I would dig since it was consistent. I was rewarded with an amazing 1859 Indian. It's a little toasty, but good night:

IMG00140-20111028-0913.jpg

Upvote 0

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you are learning that new detector, and it's language.
And, sounds like it is getting into deeper ground than your older detector. A winning combo.
Have some fun and great hunts with your new dirt scanner.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice honker of a ring :thumbsup: little injun and merc to boot!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread