1844 LC, Walker #6 and Dime Trifecta

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
Greetings from tropical Iowa. Still battling the humidity and hot temps here. The only way to hunt in this weather is to start at the crack of dawn and stop around noon or so. Dulac and I decided on a small park in a town where we had luck in the past. We got there and about a half hour into the hunt I got my 6th Walker for the season, a '35, it was way off in a corner edge of the park. After showing Mike my half I headed back to that area and about 5 feet away I got a nice sweet tone that I thought might be another half and out comes the large cent. The obverse had caked on dirt so I had to wait out the morning till I got home to clean it off. It is an 1844 and only my second LC in 6 years the first was a '42. I also dug a '50d Rosie and a '42d Merc that morning.
This morning Dakota Jim and I hit a park that has given up oldies before and I ended the morning with a dime trifecta, an '04 Barber, a '36 Merc and a '64d Rosie. I also dug the '03 IH and several wheats that I forgot to line up for the photo. The other '50 Rosie was from a demo spot that I spent about an hour at after work earlier in the week. Thanks for looking and HH
Deano
101_1272.jpg
101_1271-1.jpg

101_1274.jpg

Upvote 0

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Deano, you are having a great year. Is that your first Large Cent?

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Coins! That would constitute a successful hunt in my book! :thumbsup:

jcooking

Feb 28, 2010
Montana
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-1 probe
Garrett AT Gold
Wow congrats on all of those silver halfs!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread