Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This house was built in 1846 and was built near one of the earliest thoroughfares in Western NC. I got permission from the owners whom apparently have mutual friends of mine, Awesome! I brought along my little elf helper and a buddy. They found some clad and a few older pennies. I found a green Quarter two pennies and my first ever silver Mercury 1945 D. So excited I finally found a silver coin. To anybody else it has an approximate value of $1.50. To me, it's priceless!

Attachments

• IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 218
Upvote 28

jp4077

Oct 21, 2016
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300
Minelab Equinox 600
White's Surf Dualfield PI
White's Spectra VX3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You will always remember the first silver coin and where you found it. My 1st silver coin was a 1950-D Washington Quarter found at Belmont Lake State Park in Babylon, NY. I found it my first year of metal detecting. I've gone on to find around 50 silver coins in my 6 years of metal detecting. I hope you find at least as many as me and in half the time. Congratulations on your first. It certainly is a beauty. Looks like a great location also. You must try to keep working it. There must be more lurking underground. Good luck.

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first! I will echo the sentiments of everyone else and say you will always remember the specifics of it. Me? A '64 rosie. Not just my first silver, but my first coin EVER. At the beach, about 10 paces off the flood wall. Mid-October. Gray skies and a cold ocean breeze.

With the tools at your disposal, that certainly won't be your last silver, but you will always remember it! Now go get yourself a bunch more firsts! In this hobby, you never run out of them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread