Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out yesterday and today for about 3.5 hours total on a lightly plowed stubble field. I can see a Celtic fortress, Celtic and Roman graves and a castle ruin built in the 1500s from this field. It is always an exciting hunt around here but I just can not get my coil over anything old. Also received my new Fisher 1280 Aquanaut with 10.5” coil for water detecting, a Garrett Ace 250 just to see and confirm what the hype is about and a bunch of goodies to go with the detectors. The new toys are on the other side of Germany where I live so I will not get to unpack them until late Friday evening. Here’s the field I detected with four horses that watched me detect.
24ul07field.jpg

Obverse of 3 of 4 coins I found. A German copper with very little detail however, it looks to be 1850ish. An aluminum French 2 Franc coin dated 1949, and an 1874 2 Pfennig coin.
24ul07coinsO.jpg

Reverse of the coins.
24ul07coinsR.jpg

Obverse of a nice condition 1848 silver 2 ½ Groschen from a town I live very close to.
24ul07sil1848O.jpg

Reverse of the 1848. HH, Mike
24ul07sil1848R.jpg

Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds there Mike...I'll have to warn you about the Ace 250 though. It will find the smallest thing you ever thought possible and it will take you a long time just to pick it out laying on the surface sometimes. Also, a whole aluminum can at 6 or 8" can show up as a dime at 2" for some reason. Very large items buried deep will sometimes show up as being 2" deep also. I found part of a toy Hubly tractor at 13" with it once. Almost all gold rings show up as nickels, some of the older ones a little higher on the scale. Silver rings so far show up as dimes. You will love the Ace 250. It's very light and the batteries will last a long time in warmer weather, somewhat less when it's very cold. I've found hunting in all metal will drive you nuts after a little while. Jewelry mode is what I hunt in here with the sensitivity set at max or slightly below. Buried electrical wires will drive it nuts too. Bench testing it will help immensely before you hunt with it. I can't wait to see what you find with it and just how deep the Ace will find them. I've found coins about 9" here with mine. When it says 2" it could be on top of the ground or anywhere up to 2" deep. When it says 8+" you better get out the shovel. Best of luck to you and I always enjoy looking at your picks and reading your stories. You sure have a gold mine of a place to hunt.

DANGLANGLEY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions