1849 large cent, a buff and a wheat in an hour

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Sunday afternoon we had a pretty nasty little storm so it made it so I could'nt hunt till about 6:30 pm My buddy had told me about a lot that a local church owned and he that he and his brother-inlaw had hunted it a few times, so I thought I would go give it a quick once over with the Ol' X Terra 70 and see if those fellas left anything behind. The lot was clear on one end and a group of about 6 trees on the far end, I decided to start on the end with the trees as I thought if a old home had been there it would have been the front yard. Within a few minutes i hit a 1944 wheatie and chuckled that they had missed one, I actually figured that this would be about all I would find but I pressed on. A few minutes later I hit a solid nickle signal and got my first ever Buffalo nickle 1920 not in the best shape but hey its my first ;D I was just about ready to give up and go home satisfied with my 2 small finds when I swung beside one of the still standing trees and got a hard hit, I was sure it was a coin and figuired maybe a silver quarter. I was Pleased to see this big old copper flopped up on my dirt pile 1849 Large cent, my oldest coin yet ;D She was in not to bad shape especially since she been in the dirt for about 160 years! Was a great hunt and only took an hour, I hope to hit the other half this week after work one night. Thanks for looking

HH
Slipperyjack

Attachments

• Picture 103.jpg
    Picture 103.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 608
  • Picture 102.jpg
    Picture 102.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 603
  • Picture 101.jpg
    Picture 101.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 610