1850's Ornate Bottle ID Civil/Indian War Era

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a very nice bottle. While glass from the 1850s may not seem that old for the rest of the country here in the PNW I would consider it very early. That is just my opinion of course but having lived and dug in the PNW for the last 45 years and my memory being what it is I don't remember finding a bottle any older. Maybe some of my fellow Pacific Northwesterners could weigh in on this.

Ifyndit, if you don't mind me asking what state and what fort pit did you find this at? Don't answer if you don't feel comfortable (I don't want you to give away any secrets) but it might help us establish a country of origin and a better timeline for your bottle.
The buckle piece that you found has me leaning towards the Hudson Bay Company and English and could possibly push your bottle back a tad bit earlier.

OP
OP
Ifyndit

Ifyndit

Dec 15, 2007
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
I think you nailed it! That would explain the X B on the bottle neck. I'll do some more research on this company and see if I can find a similar bottle posted somewhere.

Nicely done.....thanks for the link on the company!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent job Jim
Just goes to show it doesn’t have to have a pontil scar to be a mid 19th century piece.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread