1852 Mill found - Treasures discovered

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I found myself back at the river where I had previously learned of a disastrous dam break that destroyed many buildings along the river. Today I went wading in the river to see what treasures I could find, and I found a really nice 1800's blob top, a small bottle, and a mystery metal thingy. Before I was ready to leave, I went over to this spot where I had previously found parts of a water wheel. Squishing through the mud, I found my self on land again, and standing on top of a 1950's soda bottle. And then popped up another bottle. And Another. And another. And as I looked around, there was this very flat place with rocks around it, and realized this was probably where the mill was! Sadly, it's mostly gone and being taken over by weeds and prickers, BUT I got clippers, and I'm gonna uncover that place, and see what else I can find. (If you're confused about what I'm talking about, look down a few posts and look at "Lost in the 1856 disaster - Rediscovered today!"

Picture Time! :

The bottles:

SAM_0295.JPG SAM_0296.JPG
SAM_0297.JPG SAM_0298.JPG
Yes that says acid
hope it's not in there:laughing7:

Mystery metal thing (It's sealed)
SAM_0299.JPG

Part of a mill grind stone:
SAM_0300.JPG

I'll continue to give updates too!:hello:

Upvote 3

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That blobtop bottle shown in the lower right is what I looked for when bottle hunting those farm dumps I dug out some years ago. Good find.

OP
OP
Kevlardini

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW everyone, I'm not 100% sure that stone is part of a grindstone. I'm just guessing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions