cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was walking inside a natural spring fed creek and was detecting in the water, for about 2 hours, got fed up with the length it took to dig out basically junk, so I decided I had enough and was going to head for dry ground. Turned my detector to start walking up the hill and I heard a beautiful tone, and dug two inches and found this beauty.

Like an idiot I did a light cleaning on it with an eraser, so may have devalued it, but I don't do this to sell the items I find; I do it for bragging rights!

First silver coin (90% anyway) that I ever found!

Just thought I would share it on here.

Attachments

• TEXAS FINDS-10.jpg
    TEXAS FINDS-10.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 874
  • TEXAS FINDS-10.jpg
    TEXAS FINDS-10.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 860
  • TEXAS FINDS-11.jpg
    TEXAS FINDS-11.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 878
Upvote 0
OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tmanfromtexas said:
Awesome find Cindy!!! And it being your first silver is just outstanding. Congrats. TMAN...
Thanks Tman, from the Silver King himself! :icon_farao:

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver. It's a beauty! Still waiting for mine, I'm sure it gets easier when you get that first stubborn silver find out of the way.

OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
highnam said:
Congrats on your first silver. It's a beauty! Still waiting for mine, I'm sure it gets easier when you get that first stubborn silver find out of the way.
I sure hope so, now lets see if I am on a roll! Thanks for commenting. Cindy

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find, I'll trade mine for yours anyday, I found one in a field about 11 years ago, Been hit by the plow so many times that it was cupped the obverse side looks real crappy, but the reverse side looks pretty good. I'll try to get a picture poseted this evening of it. Ya just might wanna trade... :laughing9:

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Wow very nice. However you would have more bragging rights if you would have kept the coin in a natural state and not cleaned it. To show people how to preserve an item, as well as find them. Running hot tap water over a coin will never harm it. Its the rubbing you do that scratches it, along with the polishing cloth. I still have dirt in about 95% of my coins even my gold ones. It shows they were dug, because no one in there right mind would take a nondug coin and put it in the ground. However it is a great find. I never found a seated coin with rays. Its my favorite coin in the seated series.

OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gunrunner61 said:
Great find, I'll trade mine for yours anyday, I found one in a field about 11 years ago, Been hit by the plow so many times that it was cupped the obverse side looks real crappy, but the reverse side looks pretty good. I'll try to get a picture poseted this evening of it. Ya just might wanna trade... :laughing9:
I would LOVE to...

see a photo of it! LOL

OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ppratt said:
Wow very nice. However you would have more bragging rights if you would have kept the coin in a natural state and not cleaned it. To show people how to preserve an item, as well as find them. Running hot tap water over a coin will never harm it. Its the rubbing you do that scratches it, along with the polishing cloth. I still have dirt in about 95% of my coins even my gold ones. It shows they were dug, because no one in there right mind would take a nondug coin and put it in the ground. However it is a great find. I never found a seated coin with rays. Its my favorite coin in the seated series.
Thank you ppratt, Living and learning is what I am doing, I will NEVER do it again, that is forsure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread