1853 Seated liberty

V3 SNIPER

May 2, 2007
toronto
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer 2 pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi all. I thought I would post this find I made at an old cemetery dated 1814 ad. I found her with my Xlt with the stock coil at 6
inches down. I still remember the rush I got when I pulled her out of the ground. she is my oldest silver coin and I found her in Canada. I would love to find Victorian silver but the 1853 Seated half dime will do me just fine. I hope you enjoy the pics.
Xlt sniper ;D

Attachments

• DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,316
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,304
Upvote 0

topdog

Dec 2, 2007
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
WOW, that's a really nice find, the arrows on each side of the date represents a change in the silver weight content.

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XLT SNIPER said:
Hi all. I thought I would post this find I made at an old cemetery dated 1814 ad. I found her with my Xlt with the stock coil at 6
inches down. I still remember the rush I got when I pulled her out of the ground. she is my oldest silver coin and I found her in Canada. I would love to find Victorian silver but the 1853 Seated half dime will do me just fine. I hope you enjoy the pics.
Xlt sniper ;D

Beautiful, I just found an 1853 half dime a couple weeks ago! Congratulations, Bryan

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, give it back! That ours! (If it works for Spain perhaps it will work for us)

Beautiful find. Congratulations. I am in Florida and I didn't think that there were any Canadians left in Canada - They are all here. Great people.

TE

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to see this...........

a old man is putting flowers by a grave, and a detectorist strolls by with a digger in his hand and detector in the other, and the sound of silver jingles in his pockets as he cuts between headstones......dare you to try that in the deep south...ha ha!

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
NICE COIN WISH I COULD FIND ONE. MY SON FOUND ONE A WHILE BACK, IT WAS A 1857-0

WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK FINDING COINS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread