Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I met up with Kyle (Nooberz) for some field hunting, started off with 22 degrees and frozen hard ground! We literally had to chip away at the dirt with our lesche's shovel were almost worthless to start. Finally it slowly warmed up and the sun came out about 11am. The first field I got 2 flat button and that was it, basically no conductive signals at all. On to the second field site where I got the 2 piece button, looks like it has a dog head on it, can anyone tell me anything from the backmark? I only got that button and a couple pieces of scrap, another signal-less field. Kyle nabbed a large copper there and that was the only coin found in that field.

We then went to the 3rd field, by now it was around 30 degrees and the sun was starting to warm us up, much appreciated. I got a solid 12-24 screaming at me, and less than a 1/2 inch deep..... I found a coin, I thought I had a fatty indian when I saw the one cent on the back, but when I flipped it over and saw the eagle and the date I knew I had a flying eagle! This is my 5th flying eagle cent now in 6 yrs of detecting, made my day, as this turned out being the ONLY coin I found! Kyle got another largie at this site and couple indians, just wasn't my day for coins, so sure glad the only one I dug was a GOOD one!

DSC00142.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

2-24-13.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

Upvote 14

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds love the flying eagle

pjduff

Mar 3, 2012
Madison, IN
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-x, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome flying eagle cent :icon_thumleft: !!!!

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great flying eagle and the dog button is cool

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
still looking for my first flying eagle definitely near the top of my wish list.love the button? with the dog and bird in his mouth.great bunch of finds.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still looking for my first flying eagle definitely near the top of my wish list.love the button? with the dog and bird in his mouth.great bunch of finds.
you can see a bird in his mouth? I can't make that out! I will take your word on that one!

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great FLYER there GFE!!! I wish my two looked that good.. CONGRATS.. HH

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, nice finds. Love that flying eagle.

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Flying Eagle!!!!

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I have yet to find anything nearly that old. Today I found a 1940 Quarter and and a 44 Mercury dime along with a ton of clad. An Indian was on my wanted to find list and now so is this. I think I am addicted to Metal detecting.

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome flying eagle and buttons.congrats.

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the FE!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey nice find yours is alot better than mine i found last fall, congrats!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful saves and I love the Flying Eagle. Ya know, I've seen quite a few of these posted and it really brings home just how lucky I am. I've found 4 or 5 of these myself but none of the ones I found after the first one can hold a candle to it's condition. Just about all the ones I've seen on here have just brought home how fortunate I've been!

Yours is as close to mine as it comes. I used mine for an avatar for a while.

Thanks for sharing.
HH!

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful saves and I love the Flying Eagle. Ya know, I've seen quite a few of these posted and it really brings home just how lucky I am. I've found 4 or 5 of these myself but none of the ones I found after the first one can hold a candle to it's condition. Just about all the ones I've seen on here have just brought home how fortunate I've been!

Yours is as close to mine as it comes. I used mine for an avatar for a while.

Thanks for sharing.
HH!
out of the 5 I have dug, 2 of them are in even better shape than this one!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
out of the 5 I have dug, 2 of them are in even better shape than this one!

Oh! Don't get me wrong. I've also seen many exceptional ones, far better than mine! I didn't mean to appear I was competing. What I meant was that I found this in my first year. Waaaaaaay back when. Back then, I didn't realize that coins didn't just come out of the ground looking like this very often. I've learned over the years just how special this find was, that's all. Every time I see one now it reminds me.

FE.jpg

HH!

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh! Don't get me wrong. I've also seen many exceptional ones, far better than mine! I didn't mean to appear I was competing. What I meant was that I found this in my first year. Waaaaaaay back when. Back then, I didn't realize that coins didn't just come out of the ground looking like this very often. I've learned over the years just how special this find was, that's all. Every time I see one now it reminds me.

View attachment 747590

HH!
wow that is a sweet one! here is one I dug in 2011....has some awesome details and has a odd light green patina...I say odd because most all copper nickel indians and flying eagles normally come out of the ground red, like yours
2011-3.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread