goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, a dream came true tonight, I found the holy grail of small cents, a Flying Eagle cent! Found at the bottom of a pile of penny boxes from a favored pick up bank. In the rest of the box, I found a 1913D, which is a new date for my records. For the curious, I have been through about $8,000 in pennies, and found 6,348 wheats, and 12 Indian head pennies from 1891-1907. This beats my previous oldest CRH coin, a 1890 V nickel.

HH
-GC

Attachments

• IMG_5764.JPG
    IMG_5764.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,218
  • IMG_5765.JPG
    IMG_5765.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,200
Upvote 0

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is cool - congrats. After reading the title of this thread, it took me a minute to realize I was not still on the Metal Detecting forum. :headbang:

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Congrats it is a great feelling to find one yours is much better then the one i found in the reject slot of my store coin machine. happy hunting Ron

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy said:
All I can say is WOW. congrats on your dream find, in great shape too!! Since the coin is almost the thickness of 2 pennies, I am suprised the coin packing machines allowed it into the roll of coins. :hello2:

This was from a hand rolled box, so thickness wasn't a problem. This is why I do hand rolls, always neat stuff that doesn't get through the coin sorter

HH
-GC

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldencoin said:
BuffaloBoy said:
All I can say is WOW. congrats on your dream find, in great shape too!! Since the coin is almost the thickness of 2 pennies, I am suprised the coin packing machines allowed it into the roll of coins. :hello2:

This was from a hand rolled box, so thickness wasn't a problem. This is why I do hand rolls, always neat stuff that doesn't get through the coin sorter

HH
-GC
+1 for you for even being able to get hand rolled coin. There are so many coin counters in my area, there are no CWR's.

jlr1076

Nov 17, 2010
So, so awesome! Congrats. I've searched about $1500 in cents and have found probably about 800 wheats and 1 indian head... but a flying eagle cent... WOW! You give me hope of finding one some day.

MCBR

Oct 22, 2011
LA, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! How cool to find a flying eagle. I did a lotta pennies as a kid and it was always my goal to find a flying eagle cent, but never did. Congrats to you!

~Matt

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
There are not enough Banner finds from the CRH forum, even though there are many finds that would qualify if they were found with detectors. I think this one should be a banner find!
Keep up the great work and HH!
-Ox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread