Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was walking by the supermarket coinstar yesterday and wanted to check the slot but theres a lady dumping her jar of coins in. I heard the reject bin filling up. She reached down and started feeding the rejects through again and again and there are fewer and fewer. I was a respectable distance away- maybe thirty or forty feet but I caught a glimpse of one of the last coins that wasn't getting accepted. It was a half dollar, a shiny pristine seated liberty. She drops it and a few others in the jug and walks towards customer service to cash out her ticket. I approach her and ask if I could purchase the coins the machine wouldn't accept.
"Talk to my boyfriend" she said. I approached the guy and ask if I could buy the coins.
"Yea sure." He said.
I flipped open my wallet. There were a few twenties and a five.
"Hows five? " I ask.
"OK fine,.. which coin?" She says. I point to the seated liberty. The other coins had mixed in with some refuse in the bottom of the jug and I couldn't spot them but I am locked onto that half.
I hand her the bill and she hands me the coin which I drop in my pocket. I am trying to be nonchalant but am trembling on the inside. I walk out the door and pull out the coin. Immediately I can tell its not quite right. Its a little off, the colors wrong, the feel is wrong... I flip it over and on the back it says "copy". Well at least it was only five bucks for a good conversation piece lol. I am going to keep hunting through rolls and detecting through fields but I am getting one of these! A real one. I had to laugh that I wanted to believe so badly that I tricked myself for a moment.

Attachments

• IMGseated.jpg
    IMGseated.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
Upvote 0

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Talk about a kick to the pants! Ouch. There is always next time.

Good luck hunting!

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a pro tip - next time, walk up to them and start talking before they keep redumping them with your purchase offer. I've scored a few coins under spot this way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread