1862 ( 1 Cent ) " Lunion Fait La Force " Huh?

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
1862 ( 1 Cent ) " L'union Fait La Force " Huh?

Hello all,,,
The Cz come back to life so, I've been out using it instead of sending it to the shop...
I'm pretty sure the problem is with moisure getting into the coil. I'll get it in sometime soon...
Anyway, I found this coin, it's a 1 cent piece, it has " L'union Fait La Force " around the top, dated 1862 on the reverse...
I can't figure out who's coin this is... " L'union Fait La Force " is the national motto of Hati, could it be one of their coins...
I found one on ebay: http://cgi.befr.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22841&item=8320875199&rd=1
it's the same coin, but a different year, but I can't read a word on the page...
Anyone have a clue as to what countries penny this is?.. any values?...
Ths coin is in a lot better condition than the pic shows,, I just can't get a good shot with my cheapo camera anymore...

Attachments

• 1862Cent.JPG
    1862Cent.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 726
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1862 ( 1 Cent ) " L'union Fait La Force " Huh?

Neat find, I think it is from Belgium. HH, Mike

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool find!

HH

Lonewolfe

R

rvbvetter

Very nice find!!! Shoot, i was about to suggest maybe france ruled Hati at that time.
From my vast knowledge. Or vast something, anyway. WTG!! HH

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Awesome, Leon. Glad to hear your detector is still working for you. You could go through some nasty withdrawal if you had to send it away.

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas

Nice find Leon !
Since your coil dried out, couldnt you seal it with something ? I havnt had that problem and dont even know if a person can seal them. I would like to know.
~Kansas~

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

great coin leon!!HH

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Kansas said:
Nice find Leon !
Since your coil dried out, couldnt you seal it with something ?? ?I havnt had that problem and dont even know if a person can seal them.? I would like to know.
~Kansas~

I had thought about that Kansas,,, but I just perchased the machine last Oct, and it should still be under warranty... I wouldn't want to do that until it gets a little older... I may talk to them and see what they say, if it won't mess with the warranty, I might just do that...
Thanks again all,,, Good luck & Happy hunting~

F

Floater

Wow!! Nice find Leon. What kind of area were you hunting. Sounds like there should be some good Treasure to be found.HH

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Floater said:
Wow!! Nice find Leon. What kind of area were you hunting. Sounds like there should be some good Treasure to be found.HH

Thanks again all...
I do all my hunting in the older parks, here in Indy... I have stopped at few schools here and there, but never have spent much time at them... My hunting partners have hunted these parks for a few years now. They said when they first started hunting them that it wasn't nothing to go in and pull out 5 to 10 pieces of silver a day... We still find a piece or two now & then, but it's getting harder, and harder to find them... There is still a lot of trash at these parks, so one of these days I figure we'll have to dig all the wine caps, pull tabs, and such so we can see what's under them... As for now, we mainly hunt for the deepies and leave the rest, unless it's really good sounding signal...
I have also started to dig all foil signals, no matter what the depth,,, looking for me gold... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

R

rvbvetter

Leon
I assume you use the enhanced mode when looking for the deep ones.
What does that do, or what changes. Mainly whats the difference between normal and enhanced mode? Hows the sound differ? Ill have my ear close to the screen.
Thanks HH

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

rvbvetter said:
? ?Leon
? ?I assume you use the enhanced mode when looking for the deep ones.
What does that do, or what changes.? Mainly whats the difference between normal and enhanced mode? Hows the sound differ?? Ill have my ear close to the screen.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Thanks? ? ? ? ? ? HH

Yes, I do use the enhanced mode almost all of the time... All I can figure on what it actually does is make the ID read higher than it normally would when in regular mode... I mainly use it to tell a Quarter on the surface from a bottle cap. A lot of the squished caps will give me a good solid high-tone, but when I click it off of enhance mode it will read much lower, and if it's a quarter, or something good it Will usually stay high.
All in all, I would say it mainly gives a higher ID, causing you to dig more targets...
Sometimes, it helps to find something deep that is not ID'ing up where it should, in enhanced mode it always reads higher...
Just woke up, so I hope this make a little since...

R

rvbvetter

? ? ? ? So then,? it's not so much that the sound or pitch differ, but the I D meter is enhanced?
The meter is more sensitive and/or responsive?
? ? I've always heard that Fishers are hot on small pieces of rusted iron or metals. Tough to disc. out.
Have you found that to be true? If so, has it been a problem? Do you find your self digging deep and finding just a small rusted nail or something?

? ? ? Hope you don't mind me picking your brain. I'm considering one in the near future.
And i don't often have the oppurtunity to gather info from some one who actually owns one.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Thanks for your patience

? ? After i get it, and if i don't like it.? ? You of course realize it will be all your fault.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?HH
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Teasing!
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

rvbvetter said:
? ? ? ?Hope you don't mind me picking your brain. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Better bring your pin-pointer... ;D
Na, I don't mind... I don't notice any difference in the sound, as you stated, just in the ID meter...
I think all the Cz's like small deep iron and I do dig a few, but I have a cousin who has been hunting for a few years now with an Explorer II, and even he digs small iron bits now & then. I think that the small iron, or nails put off what I call spikes from the end of them, and this is what the detectors are picking up. Thats why a nail is usually off to the side of where you pin-pointed. Sometimes you can tell it's nail by either a double beep, or hit on iron very close by. Even then I have found that on some of the deeper targets you really just can't tell until you dig it... All in all, I would say that all Cz's are some really great machines, although I do wish I would have waited, saved a little more money and gone with the Explorer II. Just because of it's other capabilities, & opperating frequencies. I think it's an overall better machine, but I guess you get what ya pay for... I am very happy with the Cz-3D. It has proven itself to me, & I'm still really just starting to learn it. I have dug dimes at close to 12" down, & I once dug a BB at about 8"... Like to have never found it in the dirt... ;D
Hope this helps, hope I didn't get too lost, I'm tip'n the bottles I found today... ;D

R

rvbvetter

Thanks for all the info. Really appreciate it.

Did you say your were having a bottle dig? Or you were digging the bottles? ;D
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread