VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Since our part of Tennessee has had about 8 inches of rain during the last 10 days and Doug & I haven’t been hunting this week, we went back to the 1862-63 U.S. Infantry camp that we hunted in the spring. We only had 3 hours to hunt but found a few relics we had missed. Doug recovered a Merrill Carbine bullet which is only the second of that type dug there. I dug more square nails today than I have in all the other hunts combined. The soil was completely saturated improving the conductivity for our F75s. Our few finds are shown on our Modern Miner “relic rag”. The old relic rag could use a washing-LOL. HH from Doug & Quindy and we will be on new sites soon.

Attachments

• DSCN1292.JPG
    DSCN1292.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
Upvote 6
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WTG on the CW recoveries Q & D. Save some for me. :laughing7:
8" of rain!!!! That's wetter than a Depends convention. :tongue3:
Thanks for the Glenn Campbell tune. I love his music. Sad to hear about his current health condition. I always remember him in the original True Grit movie.

BTW- That is the most I have EVER heard Dman talk in a video. I was starting to think he was like Stallone earlier in his career when he only said a few words per movie.

-DUHg-
Oh he does have the gift of gab MM-ask Buckleboy-LOL. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really wish I could open the video. I always enjoy them. Even YouTube won't let me. I am headed back this morning to finish that last old farm house after 3+ inches of rain. Am really hoping some of it soaked in and helps out. Did you guys tell ModernMiner all new apprentice relic hunters must spend time polishing bullets in Dman's store? I'll keep trying the video.
A little moisture really helps OD. I was hunting a U.S. Cavalry camp near home in the late 1990s during the early fall in dry soil. I parked the truck at the same place each time, crossed a ditch and turned my machine on after I passed an underground telephone cable beside the road. I know I had taken that EXACT route at least 20 times because it was producing relics. After a good rain in October, I crossed the ditch & dug a .31 Colt conical bullet, pin fire bullet in cartridge, & 1893 IH penny. HH, Q.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
WTG on the CW recoveries Q & D. Save some for me. :laughing7:
8" of rain!!!! That's wetter than a Depends convention. :tongue3:
Thanks for the Glenn Campbell tune. I love his music. Sad to hear about his current health condition. I always remember him in the original True Grit movie.

BTW- That is the most I have EVER heard Dman talk in a video. I was starting to think he was like Stallone earlier in his career when he only said a few words per movie.

-DUHg-
It's easy to talk and get excited when one of your friends find an awesome coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread