1862 Indian, musket ball and some new t-net friends

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Got away for the day to a spot that I had high hopes for but have been mostly skunked so far. Spent the morning digging pull tabs and bits of aluminum until I pulled a 1862 Indian. Was getting excited thinking things were going to heat up.

Shortly after lunch I found this musketball. Not to renew the debate about chewing or biting bullets but this sure looks like a molar impression. The area I was hunting was a revolutionary war hospital and some CW troops camped on the property.

Well that was the extent of my finds for the day. Late afternoon a car pulls in and it turns out to be some fellow T-Netters Umrgolf2000 and Narthoniel on their way to an outing up north. Urmgolf2000 tells me that he hit the property pretty hard and I thought "ah ha this is the one who found everything before me ;D" but it turns out it must have been one of you other T-Netters as he told me he has not had much luck there.

Anyway they asked to stay and we had a nice little hunt until the sun gave up on us but nothing to show for after that except for a rivet with some leather still in it Umrgolf2000 pulled up. Got to compare my Prism II with the Etrac and F75 (depth test) with the sad but expected results.

Well nice bunch of guys and a good way to end the year.
Hope you all find what your looking for next year :icon_thumleft:

Bob

Attachments

• IMG_3523.JPG
    IMG_3523.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_3524.JPG
    IMG_3524.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 675
Upvote 0

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Re: 1962 Indian, musket ball and some new t-net friends

Nice Hunt, and always enjoyable when shared with like minded folks. :icon_thumleft:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Had me going with the title of 1962 IH, nice 1862 :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used

pepperj said:
Had me going with the title of 1962 IH, nice 1862 :icon_thumright:

whoops, I had me going too :tongue3:

thanks for the heads up

U

umrgolf

Hey man! Just saw this post :laughing9: That's sweet!! another fatty IH for you.. I ended up getting an 1860 the next day at the camp :headbang: I love those things.. Was a pleasure meeting you too and you did much better at that site than I ever did :icon_thumleft: Jeff

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
umrgolf2000 said:
Hey man! Just saw this post :laughing9: That's sweet!! another fatty IH for you.. I ended up getting an 1860 the next day at the camp :headbang: I love those things.. Was a pleasure meeting you too and you did much better at that site than I ever did :icon_thumleft: Jeff

Thanks, it was a year I had not found yet so it was nice. Hopefully we can get together for a hunt soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions