VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With a cool front coming through yesterday, it was a pleasant 60 degrees in Tennessee this morning and didn’t get above 65 deg. during our 3.5 hour hunt at a Gen. John Hunt Morgan C.S.A. Cavalry picket post hunt on what we call “Horseshoe Hill” with Tenn. Josh. In early 1863, Morgan’s scouts had several skirmishes with the 7[SUP]th[/SUP] PA Cavalry in this area. The C.S.A. picket post was on a high hill where Confederates had a good view of two CW period roads.
Josh has hunted this site extensively but this was only my second trip to the site. He has dug several bullets and balls there plus a really nice 1848 silver half dollar, floral button, and many other relics there. I dug a .54 cal. Enfield bullet that looks like a M & M #222 variant & I don’t recall having dug one before. We both had many iron relics including several whole horseshoes. The terrain is hilly & rocky so no crops have likely ever been grown there. The number of horseshoes dug there are definitely too many horseshoes for a farm. I dug the copper colored button top with concentric circles (looked like a shotgun brass at first). Josh spied the 4 leaf clover but didn’t disturb it as to not the jinx the fall Trio hunts.
You will note Josh’s daughter (Boo) holding the cow tag & chain. I held the chain out of sight and told Josh it was a CS oval plate but he was skeptical-LOL. We have several new promising sites to check and hunt so stay tuned. Not much this morning but fun to begin the fall hunting season at a C.S.A. site. HH from Josh & Quindy.
Note-An article on our friend Coilygirl’s C.S.A. buckle will be published in W & E Treasures in the next few months. WTG again Nancy!!

Attachments

• DSCN1222.JPG
    DSCN1222.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 223
  • DSCN1224.JPG
    DSCN1224.JPG
    976.6 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN1225.JPG
    DSCN1225.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN1223.JPG
    DSCN1223.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2111.jpg
    IMG_2111.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 10
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am glad you are back and digging the relics! I enjoy your finds cause you know why you are digging them! Research!

Richard, we owe Josh for getting us on this site. I already knew the history as it's well documented in the O.R.s. It's about a mile from where Dman dug the 1837 Republic of Texas button that likely came from one of Col. Gano's Texas Rangers who were in Morgan's command. HH Richard, Q.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quindy, it looks like you, Josh, and Boo had a good time at your pre-fall hunt. I think your 'cow' tag prank was more 'bull' than cow! LOL

Way to go on your digs!

:)
Breezie

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like another productive hunt by The Tennessee Trio! Quindy I think you could rock out a cow tag necklace, would look great with the camo.:tongue3: Thanks for the mention about the upcoming article. Steve and I had so much fun meeting up with you,laughing,telling stories and seeing what a beautiful part of our great state you live in. Now didn't I suggest you bring home two pieces of pie ?

Last edited:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quindy, looks like you guys had another successful day. Thinking about hitting a ferry site today on the TN River and hoping for some of the same. Always love to see what you folks post. HH

Mark

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Quindy, it looks like you, Josh, and Boo had a good time at your pre-fall hunt. I think your 'cow' tag prank was more 'bull' than cow! LOL

Way to go on your digs!

:)
Breezie
In another Morgan camp, I dug just the tag Breezie and pulled that on Doug too-LOL. Those tags were used on dairy cows a lot in the 1950-60s instead of the plastic ear tags that we use today. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like another productive hunt by The Tennessee Trio! Quindy I think you could rock out a cow tag necklace, would look great with the camo.:tongue3: Thanks for the mention about the upcoming article. Steve and I had so much fun meeting up with you,laughing,telling stories and seeing what a beautiful part of our great state you live in. Now didn't I suggest you bring home two pieces of pie ?
It was a fun day with you & Steve. Don't think I would wear the necklace in case the farmer had a nearsighted bull Nancy-LOL. Tell Steve "Hi" and it was a pleasure to see your buckle in person. Maybe we can all get together with Donnie & Julia this fall/winter and hunt. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Quindy, looks like you guys had another successful day. Thinking about hitting a ferry site today on the TN River and hoping for some of the same. Always love to see what you folks post. HH

Mark
Thanks Mark. The river sites have been very productive for you in the past. Everyone had to have water so good luck on locating new sites. I'm sure you are as pleased to have cool weather in Tennessee as we are. HH, Q.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Good to see you guys getting out Quindy. Still too hot for me to plan an all day trip so I've just been hunting with Tom around some construction sites in Nashville. Look forward to cool weather and going with you guys again.

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good stuff Q! Lookin' forward to another successful year for you and the Trio!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice bunch of relics there buddy:icon_thumleft:

60 degrees sounds like a beauty of a temp to hunt..

~Blaze

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good to see you guys getting out Quindy. Still too hot for me to plan an all day trip so I've just been hunting with Tom around some construction sites in Nashville. Look forward to cool weather and going with you guys again.
Thanks Donnie. No spectacular finds but fun to get out and not sweat much. We are looking forward to hunting with you as well. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice bunch of relics there buddy:icon_thumleft:

60 degrees sounds like a beauty of a temp to hunt..

~Blaze
With the north wind on that hill, it was very comfortable JB. I was wearing a wicking shirt and when that wind blew, it was pleasant. Hoping you have a great fall, Q.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the Tenn Three threads start up you know it's that time of the season . Time to dig Relics !
Good Luck there young fella's :wink: been awhile :cake:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When the Tenn Three threads start up you know it's that time of the season . Time to dig Relics !
Good Luck there young fella's :wink: been awhile :cake:

We have individually made a few hunts this summer Dawg & found some coins & relics but we are ready to crank it up. Hope you have a great fall-winter season & find some new mill sill sites. HH, Q.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quindy, You guys pulled a lot of iron out of there. Might still be a good relic hiding amongst that iron. Good luck this fall/winter!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhhh! The good weather is 'a comin'! And so are the relics! I'm ready too. It's been a long hot summer.
WTG on the finds you two!!
Nana :)

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nana40 I saw your video with Quindy and the other Bama Babe,very nice! Don't you love relic hunting?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread