Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Well I have been on quite a roll lately with some early nice finds for the time of year :) and today it continued, searching the field were I missed out on the outher week I found my second Gold coin :headbang:

The field was the one that I couldn't do because of a very late night :-\ were Michael my buddie took 27 Roman Bronzes and 2 Hammered from, well today I made up for it, after about an hour of searching the field, I flipped over a signal and revealed the colour we all dream off :o A Victorian 1864 Sovereign :headbang: This our second Gold Sovereign for this year, hopefully not the last Goldi we will find :) I also added to my Silver Hammered count, with another Edward? penny :) bringing my total now to 13 :)
The detecting time for our fields is coming to an end shortly, the crop is growing rapidly, but hopefully I might have a few more goodies to show before we stop till Harvest :icon_thumleft:

SS

Attachments

• Gold Coin 001.JPG
    Gold Coin 001.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 3,364
  • Gold Coin 002.JPG
    Gold Coin 002.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 3,369
  • Gold Coin 007.JPG
    Gold Coin 007.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 3,345
  • Gold Coin 008.JPG
    Gold Coin 008.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 3,358
  • Gold Coin 013.JPG
    Gold Coin 013.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 3,303
  • Gold Coin 015.JPG
    Gold Coin 015.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 3,349
  • Gold Coin 018.JPG
    Gold Coin 018.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 3,299
  • Gold Coin 019.JPG
    Gold Coin 019.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 3,285
  • Gold Coin 024.JPG
    Gold Coin 024.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 3,289
  • Gold Coin 026.JPG
    Gold Coin 026.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 3,240
  • Gold Coin 029.JPG
    Gold Coin 029.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 3,245
  • Gold Coin 021.JPG
    Gold Coin 021.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 3,293
Upvote 3
OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DMN said:
Gold is always nice. What is the little '64' on the reverse side?

What I really like is that pottery shard with the relief on it. It's pretty darned clear. Shame there wasn't more to it, pieces-wise.
Glad you noticed that :icon_thumleft: did you also see the WW underneath her neck :P the 64 is the die number I think :P

The pottery shard is high status Roman Samian ware :o this is a good sign, as there has obviously been some kind of Roman building on the field :o

SS

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible! That Roman is a real beauty. The hammered is excellent, and the Gold is--well, words can't describe that feeling.

:hello2:

Your photos are exactly the type of high-quality, in-the-dirt photos that keep me coming back to TreasureNet for more.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Incredible! That Roman is a real beauty. The hammered is excellent, and the Gold is--well, words can't describe that feeling.

Your photos are exactly the type of high-quality, in-the-dirt photos that keep me coming back to TreasureNet for more.

Best Wishes,

Buckles
Thanks Will :icon_thumleft: but you don't half get some funny looks from the local Villages, when they see you jumping up and down, then laying down in a muddy field, to take pictures of mud :laughing9:

SS

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Silver Searcher said:
DMN said:

What I really like is that pottery shard with the relief on it. It's pretty darned clear. Shame there wasn't more to it, pieces-wise.
Glad you noticed that :icon_thumleft: did you also see the WW underneath her neck :P the 64 is the die number I think :P

The pottery shard is high status Roman Samian ware :o this is a good sign, as there has obviously been some kind of Roman building on the field :o

SS

I thought the 'WW' was for washer woman, so I ignored it! :tongue3: I keed you!

I really hope you can find more of the pottery. You make a near complete pot from that and I'll banner you in a second. And then banner you for a year straight.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DMN said:
Silver Searcher said:
DMN said:

SS

I really hope you can find more of the pottery. You make a near complete pot from that and I'll banner you in a second. And then banner you for a year straight.
If I find the rest of that Pot, I will be camping in that field :laughing9: most of the outher pieces were found there to :P there is obviously some kind of building, because the farmer has said he often ploughs up huge stones, this is what lead us there in the first place and we had 31 Roman bronzes on the first visit, the Gold coin came on the second :o. The crop is getting a bit high now so this field will have to wait until after the harvest :-\

SS

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
BuckleBoy said:

Best Wishes,

Buckles
Thanks Will :icon_thumleft: but you don't half get some funny looks from the local Villages, when they see you jumping up and down, then laying down in a muddy field, to take pictures of mud :laughing9:

SS

I like your mud photos. :icon_thumleft:

I don't get funny looks, because I am so far out in the fields that I can take a leak when I wish, and I don't have to worry about the neighbors unless they happen to have a telescope. :D

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This man is a machine to find good coins, he deserves all the banners and more .... vote banner. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
Beautiful SS. Nice. Looks like it will be another good year for you. You are off and flying already sir.
Congratulations
TnMtns
:hello:

It could be a good year, I plan on getting a Detector for doing the rivers :P hopefully it will give me a few finds over the long Summer evenings :icon_thumleft:

SS

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Silver Searcher said:
DMN said:
Silver Searcher said:
DMN said:

SS

If I find the rest of that Pot, I will be camping in that field :laughing9: most of the outher pieces were found there to :P there is obviously some kind of building, because the farmer has said he often ploughs up huge stones, this is what lead us there in the first place and we had 31 Roman bronzes on the first visit, the Gold coin came on the second :o. The crop is getting a bit high now so this field will have to wait until after the harvest :-\

SS

Well, at least it can sit for the time being. You know what's out there now and can plan a really nice dig later this year. Good luck to you!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice finds :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find! Someone on this side of the pond dug a gold sovereign at the shore a few weeks back after one of the big storms, I think it was mid 18th century. When word got out, the beach was lined with people with detectors looking for another one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread