1864 IHC yesterday and an 1859 IHC the day before that!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting behind on my finds! I found an 1859 fatty IHC on Thursday and didn't get around to posting it. But yesterday I found an 1864 IHC (not a fatty), so I figured I'd better post them ASAP.

Both of these coins were DEEP. The 1859 was at least 7 inches down and the 1864 was 8 inches down. Both were iffy signals, but I dig everything that registers 4 inches or more at this spot.

The fatty is pretty toasted, but the 1864 isn't too bad. I really like the green patina on the 1864.

Here's a few pics:

DSC02412.JPGDSC02413.JPGDSC02417.JPGDSC04829.JPGDSC04787.JPGDSC04789.JPGDSC04824.JPGDSC04825.JPG

Upvote 7
I love the early indian heads Tim. You've been on a nice roll with the coins lately

Great find Tim,
The first year for IHs. Got love that.

Great finds Free Bird- play it pretty for Atlanta! Still looking for an 1859 fatty- awesome coins- congrats!!

-- Jeff --

Love those fatties man keep em comin!

Great finds Free Bird- play it pretty for Atlanta

Classic Ronnie Van Zant quote! The only one I like better is "What song is it you wanna hear?" (Free Bird, of course!)

I love the early indian heads Tim. You've been on a nice roll with the coins lately

The rain we had a few days ago has made a huge difference. I hunted this 1990's baseball field in July and found a .69 caliber musket ball. Filed that find away in my head and went back there after the recent rain. So far this week, it's given me a 1700's coin, two 1800's coins and six musket balls! Now if I could just find a little silver...

The rain we had a few days ago has made a huge difference. I hunted this 1990's baseball field in July and found a .69 caliber musket ball. Filed that find away in my head and went back there after the recent rain. So far this week, it's given me a 1700's coin, two 1800's coins and six musket balls! Now if I could just find a little silver...

Nice going on the IHs and moist ground sure does make a difference in some locations.

Congrats on those 2 IHPs. I love to see them in the hole, just as much as I like seeing silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back