1864L Indian Head Penny

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
I got out for any hours this morning for what may be the last outing of the year. Supposed to have snow tonight and the weather is getting colder. Went across the street to an area I have checked a number of times. Was an old dump spot in the early and mid 1800's. Found an 1864L indian head penny. About 1/4 of it is corroded from the wet ground but the rest is in extra fine condintion, including the ribbon where the L is. This coin looks like it must have been lost in 1864 because there is such little wear on it. As is it might rate an overall Good, but had it not been corroded it would be a $200.00 coin. Nice way to end the season. Sorry no camera here today, so the scan will have to do. It's in much nicer shape than it looks here. Happy Thanksgiving everyone....Lance

Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, Comfy! 8) Great way to maybe end the season. Keep that snow up your way as i'm not ready to pack it in for the year just yet :D

OP
OP
comfyinvermont

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Coin_Saver said:
i have an 1864 too but i dont know where the L is located!? :) could somone tell me?? HH Coins
[/quote

Hey coin saver, here is a little diagram from the red book. Hope this Helps...Lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread