nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,I took the Family out today on a 4 hour cruise around the Countryside taking pics of historic places and checking on some spots that i have been researching for some Detecting. It was right around freezing when we started but the sun warmed up the day alittle and made for a Beautiful ride.We even took a hike through the woods and checked out a 1700's Cemetary that has been long forgotton.

I know there isn't many Covered bridges left,so I thought I would share a pic of this Bridge that is the longest in Kentucky and built in 1865 with a length of 204 ft. It is amazing the timbers used in the construction of this and actually still in pretty good shape.

I will be selective on posting my pics,but hopefully I can share a few that will be interesting to you as it is to us.

Nova Treasure

Attachments

• 100_0190.JPG
    100_0190.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 348

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
..............pretty kewl pic.

How about another Covered Bridge that "used" to be in Sherburne Ky:

Attachments

• ry%3D400.jpg
    ry%3D400.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 455
OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the old pic,yeah there used to be 100's of them around in Kentucky, but not very many left at present time. That is why i wanted to post this pic i took today.

Nova Treasure

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mcgearhead said:
Those are some really cool pics.
Does anyone know the purpose of building them with a roof, rather than without one ?

Thanks,
Well these bridges were mainly constructed of wood and the roof would give protection to the bridge for longer life and give shelter to travelers for storms and such.

Nova Treasure

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
OK, you talked me into posting another one.........

doverbridge.jpg

This one is in Dover Ky.
It was rebuilt after a tornado destroyed the original one in 1968.........see ya mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread