eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife found this while working at a bank. I wish I could say I found it!! 1865 IH.JPG

Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
I like how the Indian still smiles after all that time and wear. ;)

Ridley

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
amazing, never heard of anybody finding an IH in circulation..thats 141 years in peoples hands

HH
-GC

OP
OP
eathabs

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago she scored a few rolls of silver dimes with plenty of mercs in them. She bought them all and sold them to her dad. He has since passed and her mom has them now. I just spoke with her and said we should go through them to see what value they might have. Any suggestions as to where I can find grading info online???

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
eathabs said:
A few years ago she scored a few rolls of silver dimes with plenty of mercs in them. She bought them all and sold them to her dad. He has since passed and her mom has them now. I just spoke with her and said we should go through them to see what value they might have. Any suggestions as to where I can find grading info online???

http://www.pcgs.com/prices/

Enjoy!

T

TreasureTales

Nice find indeed. When I worked for a bank, many moons ago, I'd find some great coins, too. I think kids might have gotten into their parents' stashes and swiped them, just a thought as to why they are "still" in circulation. Probably were just tucked away until recently. We'll never know...but who really cares when your wife gets to buy it out of her counter cash?

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After all these years ......there are still some people cashing in those old coins.......Just recently i got a bunch of wheat back pennies back from a bank and they were all in great condition! You never know! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread