1867 Indian and buttons from a new spot

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
This afternoon I was headed home from a hunt at the "Orchard" with a pouch full of crapola and decided to stop and ask permission at another spot that I have been eyeballin' for a while now. Granted pemission and started swinging. I only hunted about 45min. and decided to call it a day. I stopped by the house to show the owner what I had found and he trumped me! He proceded to tell me that this summer when he was fixing up the front of the house he lifted ( with a tractor ) the bottom granite block that makes up the front steps to the house, BAM 1848 Braided Hail LC ! He said that it was for sure placed there on purpose. Long story.......... He gave me permission to hunt several fields. Looking forward to going back!!

My finds for the 45 min. hunt were an early cabinet knob, two flat buttons and an 1867 Indian. Too bad about the rim loss :'( You will see more from this spot :headbang:

VPR

Attachments

• IMG_9445_1_1.JPG
    IMG_9445_1_1.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_9449_1_1.JPG
    IMG_9449_1_1.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_9448_1_1.JPG
    IMG_9448_1_1.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 272
Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are some great looking finds there VPR! :o
Very intersting stuff, these two are my favourites. :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• knob_button.JPG
    knob_button.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 253

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Very nice. Strangely enough I also got permission to hunt a new spot today and also found an old cabinet knob very similar to yours while doing a quick scouting mission in one of the fields. 400 acres of cornfields with quite a bit of it running along side a river. Should be some good old stuff there and should keep me busy for a long time to come. In the first 5 minutes I found an old stone lined well that has been covered over with a huge rock on the property. Happy hunting neighbor.

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
damn! too bad about the damage to that IH :'( still ya got a few nice keepers and i'm sure plenty more is gonna come outta that site! :thumbsup:

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some really good finds! too bad the button wasn't all there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread