New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I was back to the cellar hole I found the shield nickle with rays earlier this fall. I noticed that someone had been there while I was gone, they left their trash against the trees and a few of their holes not filled in. Some people just won't be happy until they ruin it for everyone (including themselves) I found a broken spoon, broken flat button, and a, what I believe is a rosette?

20150206_134012.jpg
20150206_134017.jpg
20150207_170802.jpg
20150207_170849.jpg

A few days before that Oldjerseygirl and I started a permission of two old houses that are no longer standing. We had to wait for Jersey deer hunting to end before we could start. I found a BIG spoon there and a buckle, I also got poison ivy there. Things were pretty froze there, we tried again this morning but it was a solid block of ice. I think we will find some good stuff there when it thaws. We then went down to the area where I found my Spanish silver, her and her husband had spotted a chimney hiding just off the road. My first target was this 1870 Indian Head Cent, here is a link to the NGC coin explorer for that date.
1870 1C MS Indian Cents | NGC

20150207_165332.jpg
20150207_165314.jpg

I'm searching/prospecting for another spot hiding in the woods, I found a long gone railroad bed that supposed to have a WWI munitions depot on it somewhere. so far just railroad spikes. I have to keep hiking and looking.

20150205_132411.jpg 20150205_124611.jpg 20150205_124604.jpg 20150205_132526.jpg

HH & GL
Brad

Upvote 12

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs treble.How lazy does someone have to be not to kick dirt back in a hole, leaving trash there is just no excuse,not much respect there.That looks like a rosette to me,Is it lead filled? killer Indian,There is some good value to that one,'nice"

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
always love the IH, makes you sick doesn't it, people trash the place and still don't fill in their holes, then they gripe when a place is closed down. always have to respect the landowner and besides, it is the right thing to do. glad to see you out and about and finding something good

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs treble.How lazy does someone have to be not to kick dirt back in a hole, leaving trash there is just no excuse,not much respect there.That looks like a rosette to me,Is it lead filled? killer Indian,There is some good value to that one,'nice"

Thanks, nice just getting out

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
always love the IH, makes you sick doesn't it, people trash the place and still don't fill in their holes, then they gripe when a place is closed down. always have to respect the landowner and besides, it is the right thing to do. glad to see you out and about and finding something good

Thanks,I hope your feeling better from that fall. Supposed to be around 55 tomorrow, looking forward to going out in the woods. Love those Jersey pines.

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A little beat up but still a keeper. Nice digs!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's an old IH, Brad. Something looks wrong in your pics. Oh, I know...no snow! I don't remember the last time I saw the ground here.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks, feeling a lot better now, just a sore knee bruise left. have to make sure I have the knee pads LOL. glad you are able to get out

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect that one of these days, a person like that is going to run afoul of someone who DOES care.

Was this a secret place? Or one anyone looking could find?

Really nice saves!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect that one of these days, a person like that is going to run afoul of someone who DOES care.

Was this a secret place? Or one anyone looking could find?

Really nice saves!
Its not an easy find the cellar hole, not a secret now, probably never was.
Thanks Gary, the person who cares will shut that place down and much much more. Shame how one or two people can ruin such a cool thing for thousands and just don't even have a clue?

That's an old IH, Brad. Something looks wrong in your pics. Oh, I know...no snow! I don't remember the last time I saw the ground here.
Lucky for me it was only one inch down. The ground there was an ice block, the other two places are insulated, easy digging tomorrow at the railroad bed.

thanks, feeling a lot better now, just a sore knee bruise left. have to make sure I have the knee pads LOL. glad you are able to get out
Good, nice return on that one.

A little beat up but still a keeper. Nice digs!
Too bad it wasn't in better shape, 60 bucks not too shabby for a beat up penny. Thanks.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not an easy find the cellar hole, not a secret now, probably never was.
Thanks Gary, the person who cares will shut that place down and much much more. Shame how one or two people can ruin such a cool thing for thousands and just don't even have a clue?

Oh, I suspect someone like that has a clue. Just not a care. After all, he's a "pirate" ain't he? (or she).
That's the kind who look full time! At OTHER people's work! Then, they just loot. But, one day! Look out!!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Might not be able to see it in the pic, but it looks like it is soldered in there with two small blobs of solder.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! Any day hunting is a good day!

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Semi key IH got one two years ago in sweet condition nice find brother...

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome looking spot brad!, too bad someone else was there, those woods hunts can be tough with all the roots, rocks, etc. Nice to see ground w/o freakin snow on it, I got at least 8-10" in my yard FB_IMG_1423242745754-1.jpg FB_IMG_1423242745754-1.jpg

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I found the Indian Head on a salt marsh along the Delaware Bay, that salt does as much if more damage as the fertilizers.

I was in the pines today exploring that railroad bed, I covered allot of ground with not much success, shotgun head-stamps, and a pair of rusty pliers. lol

Nice being out in a beautiful area on a sunny warm day

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That's what the ground looks like in Delaware? Sheez it looks a whole lot different 100 miles north!
Nice IHP! Congrats

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what the ground looks like in Delaware? Sheez it looks a whole lot different 100 miles north!
Nice IHP! Congrats

I'm just a few miles south of you in South Jersey.
Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread