Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I couldn't believe what i heard on my local radio station today. In a halifax value village (thrift store) a worker found a gold coin in one of the pockets of some donated old clothes. They store owner took it to citadel coins and got it graded and estimated value of $1300.00!!! Back at the thrift store they put it for sale for $1000.00. Soon after a customer came with a value village 30% off the next purchase coupon and bought it on the spot. Unbelievable but true. I guess I'm going to have to go in them type of stores in the future and start looking randomly for any secret pockets that the workers may have missed in old clothes! [emoji31]
If there is a news story tomorrow ill put up the link but this is the actual coin and the only picture i could find so far...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440552169.275700.jpg

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a coat one time from the thrift store and it had a gold bracelet in the inside pocket. I always feel in any pockets. Also a 20.00 bill in a back jeans pocket. Just never know. I love thrift stores.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
as that is a US coin you it must be returned to the US immediately / I will pm my address

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wonder what would happen if I saunter into the local thrift store with atp in hand and start scanning clothes for mid tones....hmmmm....gonna have to try it

PA Sleuth

Nov 26, 2014
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E Trac, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am sure Thrift Store employees have seen it all

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At a Goodwill maybe ten years ago, I picked up a cool looking aluminum lidded can to look at and heard something inside, which turned out to be a Rolex watch. I was tempted I must say to slip the watch on my wrist and pay for the tin and leave, but I did turn it in to the store manager. Not worth risking a theft charge for it.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a syringe inside a backpack at a nearby Goodwill.....it was capped and unused thank goodness. Gave me goosebumps all the same.

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At a Goodwill maybe ten years ago, I picked up a cool looking aluminum lidded can to look at and heard something inside, which turned out to be a Rolex watch. I was tempted I must say to slip the watch on my wrist and pay for the tin and leave, but I did turn it in to the store manager. Not worth risking a theft charge for it.

Nowadays (at least around here) there is leaches in the back that scour everything for anything of value lost inside stuff before the crap stuff is put out to be sold.i miss years ago when you had a chance you could find a treasure (like gold or silver in the fake jewelry for example) at a thrift shop. Pretty much in possible now. Also with the computers in the back anything curious is all researched for value first before going out on the floor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread