New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Buddy Vino called me in the am and told me to meet him at the church in Phila., we hunted in the beautiful sunshine for about 5 to 6 hours. Vino asked me to post his finds for him, so I'll start with his notable finds. He sniffed out a British half cent, 1875, fairly nice detail on it and a coin that we thought we seen 17 something on it but he called me when he got home and told me we were seeing things, his preliminary clean up makes him think it is a 1856 Flying Eagle Proof, he told me the wreath on the back and size of it makes him think that. We will keep you updated. He also found four Indian Heads, I don't know the dates. Here are some pix of his finds.

I found four buttons, two tokens, two Indian Heads, three wheaties, a ring, and a cool fob.

The button with the two horses with eagle on top has a backmark that reads J.H. Wilson Phila Patented 1878, on the front along the banner on the bottom it say BLANK- Liberty Independence

The fob along the bottom reads perstare et prafstare, MOCCCXXXI

The button with the Phila rapid transit Co. is cool with the Phila. Transit Token, Good for one cash fare, it reads around the edge. Last time I was at the church I found a Septa token. I love the tokens too.

My Indian Heads are a 1897 and a 1907, I love them, the wheats are two 1944's and a 1913

The ring is made of copper or brass, Vino said allot of the colonial couples could not afford gold or silver and these bands were common back in the 1700's

What a great hunt I had, I'm so tired, not used to it from all the sitting around the house in bad weather. I'm so glad Vino was nice enough to let me hunt with him. I was in such a dry spell. Location location location, works in restaurants too!

Upvote 5
Looks like it was a button kind of day for you!! We had a blast..it was just nice to get out...pickings are getting slim there...will have to hit them other spots soon....It was nice hunting with you...we have a lot of laughs. ..

Very cool assortment of finds, the Canadian cent is cool. Happy Hunting.

Great_Outstanding_Find_003.gif
Thanks for sharing...

Thanks guys, I look forward to going back there and especially the other new spots, sure is allot more fun then finding a old Chanel makeup case! Haaaa lol
I licked that old Flying Eagle, trying to get a date off of her. I only got allot of dirt in my mouth!

Never heard of a British Half Cent - must be super rare...lol

Looks like a good amount of finds that day!

Never heard of a British Half Cent - must be super rare...lol

Looks like a good amount of finds that day!

There so rare nobody has ever seen them!!! Lol...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back