Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net and to the Silver Dollar Club ! Could we please get a story about how and where you made this amazing find !
(most detectorists will never find a Silver Dollar , if that is your first ever detecting find - WOW !)

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:occasion14:...they dont come along every day!!congrats

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first Silver Dollar I ever found came from the turn table of a jammed Coin Star Machine. You did good.
Welcome to Tnet.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where's Paul Harvey when we need him? Come on and elaborate...first find on EBay, at a coin dealer's or metal detecting? We need " the rest of the story ".

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta hear the story on this one please. I love those big silver finds and the reactions when you find them.....

OP
OP
D

DBarbee

Oct 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found on old family farm land. Located where the old clothes line was. Hopefully other coins to follow with more detecting.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not for nothing, but you're going to have a real hard time convincing the members here that your very first find with a metal detector was a Morgan dollar. If a silver dollar fell out of someone's pockets under a clothes line the person who lost it would have been sifting the dirt to find it. I'm sorry, call me a skeptic, but I don't buy it. The color of the tarnish doesn't even fit a ground find, but more like one that was saved.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin either way :icon_thumleft:

S

stefen

Not for nothing, but you're going to have a real hard time convincing the members here that your very first find with a metal detector was a Morgan dollar. If a silver dollar fell out of someone's pockets under a clothes line the person who lost it would have been sifting the dirt to find it. I'm sorry, call me a skeptic, but I don't buy it. The color of the tarnish doesn't even fit a ground find, but more like one that was saved.

What he said...
If that fell out of my bib overalls, my wife woulda been on it like flies on stink...

kristof.wanderer

Mar 23, 2014
Nacogdoches Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's about time my friend! I've been wanting to detect that property forever! (DBARBEE and I work together and I finally hounded him enough to use his machine! Lol...and did he ever!) That area has an old house site with only a little remnants remaining. He said he knew where the clothes line was and knowing its virgin land I seconded his notion to check that area. I told him he had to post that beautiful coin here for you guys to see. I can't wait to get out there and unearth what's hiding!

Again, good job brother!

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woah awesome find...congrats!

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your first find with a metal detector was this morgan silver dollar.All I CAN ADD TO POSTS IS DOUBLE WOW.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wondered if it was only me that missed a pic

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
No picture here for me either. They started talking about the tarnish being off, so I reloaded the page - still no pictures.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WELCOME NEW MEMBER AND MR MORGAN TO THE FORUM .

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't see any pictures of tarnished silver either, would like to.

I know a guy with an AT Pro, his first, and still only (I believe) silver coin was an 1899 Morgan silver dollar. For some reason here in NW Oregon the AT Pros have a real hard time finding silver coins, I never found 1 with mine in 8 months of almost daily hunting. I've found much since going with minelab but no halfs or silver dollars. Anyway that's 1 heck of a sweet find if it's your 1st!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread