crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone. Went back to the new place I started to hunt recently and found 3 more IH's , (1869, 1902, 1904) a 1941 merc, a 1939 Wheat and the ever so common 1958D and some kind of jewelery that looks like a wierd bug :laughing7: The 1904 IH is in great shape. I haven't refined the cleaning yet but know it will clean up very nicely when I get time. I know it isn't valuable but unique. This hunt brings the total to 8 IH's 31 wheats and 2 silver. Still have a lot of ground to cover. While digging I find pieces of brick. I wonder if there used to be another home here at one time :dontknow: Tonight I was joined with my hunting partner Randy with his Explorer SE and a new friend who is a Doctor with a Minelab Exterra. Both are still getting used to their machines and didn't find much worth mentioning.

Went to the old Central Ohio Fairgrounds before me met up at the house. It has been hunted for years. No luck there. Just some modern clad . Thanks for looking. Ron

007-24.jpg

006-23.jpg

016-13.jpg

017-14.jpg

021-9.jpg

018-14.jpg

019-13.jpg

022-8.jpg

023-8.jpg

024-8.jpg

025-8.jpg

026-6.jpg

027-7.jpg

001-23.jpg

020-10.jpg

Upvote 0

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Re: 1888 Home gives up some more IH's , Silver and a few Wheats

Awesome hunt, My 9 yr old and I went out tonight and found normal clad and he and his buddy had a old radio shack and when I gave up on a hole which I dug foil out of it stil had a hit and i told them to take over lol and they come running over with a silver war nickel later they found a 1951 rosie and me no silver . just goes to show the more you dig the better your finds and dont have to be a expensive machine . lol

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dasherhunting said:
Awesome hunt, My 9 yr old and I went out tonight and found normal clad and he and his buddy had a old radio shack and when I gave up on a hole which I dug foil out of it stil had a hit and i told them to take over lol and they come running over with a silver war nickel later they found a 1951 rosie and me no silver . just goes to show the more you dig the better your finds and dont have to be a expensive machine . lol

Swing time sure helps. I get alot of swing time. Sometimes 10 hours a day.

garthbfan169

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Chester County, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice crazy. Some great finds there. I am partial to I.H. I love them! And BTW the bug is scary!! :thumbsup:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That 1869 is a real nice key date IH. Would probably grade VG-8. List says $200, take off half for being a ground piece. Awesome find my friend. I'll buy it for....say....$25?? :laughing7: :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

hogge said:
That 1869 is a real nice key date IH. Would probably grade VG-8. List says $200, take off half for being a ground piece. Awesome find my friend. I'll buy it for....say....$25?? :laughing7: :icon_pirat:

Really?? Didn't know that. Please don't take advantage of me :tongue3: :laughing9:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crazyjarhead said:
hogge said:

Really?? Didn't know that. Please don't take advantage of me :tongue3: :laughing9:
My bad.....It might grade F-12 the more I look at it. Misquoted the price. Was looking at 1869/9. $220 is F-12. It's a $100 coin my friend. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nova said:
You are literally having one heck of a year C>J>H Here ia a link to your key IH.
http://www.coinfacts.com/small_cents/indian_head_cents/1869_cent.htm

Thanks for the link Nova.You have to understand that everything I find I keep. My wife says, "sell them!!" I have quite a few nice IH's that would bring 100 bucks or more easily. I just like to keep them and not sell them.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA

hogge said:
Actually Hogge I think you was looking at the wrong price, the 1869 over 9 is vg-8 200 the regular/normal 1869 is 100.00 but I'm fairly sure it is a Fine-12 definition for fine 12 IH is LIBERTY mostly visible altho there is a chance it's vf

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA

creeper71 said:
hogge said:
Actually Hogge I think you was looking at the wrong price, the 1869 over 9 is vg-8 200 the regular/normal 1869 is 100.00 but I'm fairly sure it is a Fine-12 definition for fine 12 IH is LIBERTY mostly visible altho there is a chance it's vf
Note this was wrtten before I seen Hogge corrected himself!

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crazyjarhead said:
Nova said:
You are literally having one heck of a year C>J>H Here ia a link to your key IH.

Thanks for the link Nova.You have to understand that everything I find I keep. My wife says, "sell them!!" I have quite a few nice IH's that would bring 100 bucks or more easily. I just like to keep them and not sell them.
[/quote

There nice to pull out and look at in the winter months when detecting is impermissible

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks creeper. Your the expert :sign13:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

creeper71 said:
creeper71 said:
hogge said:
Nice to see there are some of us that collect, sell, and can grade coins by eye. Although some of us may differ, we are pretty close as regards to condition and grade. Thanks Creeper! Alot of people go JUST by grade alone. They don't understand, that being a ground found copper,(especially), you loose 1/2 the value from ANY grade. Then any other damage takes away more value. Eases up on disappointment if someone goes to a coin dealer thinking they have a $500 coin and the dealer says I'll give ya 40-50 for it. Knowledge is key.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crazyjarhead said:
Nova said:

If it was mine.... I think I could part with it! :headbang: :laughing7: :laughing9:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

hogge said:
creeper71 said:
creeper71 said:
hogge said:
Nice to see there are some of us that collect, sell, and can grade coins by eye. Although some of us may differ, we are pretty close as regards to condition and grade. Thanks Creeper! Alot of people go JUST by grade alone. They don't understand, that being a ground found copper,(especially), you loose 1/2 the value from ANY grade. Then any other damage takes away more value. Eases up on disappointment if someone goes to a coin dealer thinking they have a $500 coin and the dealer says I'll give ya 40-50 for it. Knowledge is key.

Little more cleaning:
027-7.jpg

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250

Im like you never sell tell wife they are for my retirement fund some day lol. i have sold new pennies found crhing but took money and bought silver dollars with it to reinvest. Hate the new coinage. Years ago I sold a few 40 percent rolls on ebay because I felt awesome making that profit on something I got for face value now I wish I had every one back in the stash. lol

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dasherhunting said:
Im like you never sell tell wife they are for my retirement fund some day lol. i have sold new pennies found crhing but took money and bought silver dollars with it to reinvest. Hate the new coinage. Years ago I sold a few 40 percent rolls on ebay because I felt awesome making that profit on something I got for face value now I wish I had every one back in the stash. lol

New coins will not be there for the next generation. I pull newer memorial today that are corroded so bad you can't tell what they are. It's a shame that America can't make a better coin as we are a strong nation. I feel coins symbolize a country. We can do better than that.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

beautiful key date IHC way to go, no way I'd sell that baby, you should get a book and start filling it up, you have already got a few of the key dates.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Goes4ever said:
beautiful key date IHC way to go, no way I'd sell that baby, you should get a book and start filling it up, you have already got a few of the key dates.

Heck, I found 3 in the past 2 months. Is it a key date or semi-key date??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread