1889 Indian Head,Union Pacific Heart Pendant

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Played in the dirt a little last night on a beauty fall evening at one of my old favorite "hunted out" one room schoolhouse sites.
Couldn't believe there were any Indian Heads left at this site but i coaxed one up and the little heart pendant is kinda cool. After cleaning it up a little i can see theres a passenger railroad car on the back and what looks to be Union Pacific across the top. I figure it to be a kid's souvenir from the steam era :icon_thumleft:
A piece of a kids "jack" and the customary bullet casings rounded out a fun night in the woods. HH!!!
Jerry

Attachments

• 89 overview.JPG
    89 overview.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 318
  • 89 overview ih and heart.JPG
    89 overview ih and heart.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 326
  • 89 clean.JPG
    89 clean.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 323
  • 89 overview RR.JPG
    89 overview RR.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 327
Upvote 0

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice IH find and railroad pendent. Glad to see you posting again. Seems like you've slowed down a little or are running out of places to hunt ??? Better hurry...........winter will be knocking on the door soon. Regards, Ron

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Hi there, nice finds you have! am not sure if this changes anything or not but to me that looks more like a trolley car then a RR passenger car, maybe a Peter Witt type, and do you see Union Pacific for sure? i think i see union maybe but the other word kinda looks like City to me, what do you think? let me know.

Chuck.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Jerry

It's amazing what gets missed. Items come off tilts and the units will pick them up over time. I always re hunt sites over and over again.

HH Jer

OP
OP
Ohio Jerry

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Tattooguy67 said:
Hi there, nice finds you have! am not sure if this changes anything or not but to me that looks more like a trolley car then a RR passenger car, maybe a Peter Witt type, and do you see Union Pacific for sure? i think i see union maybe but the other word kinda looks like City to me, what do you think? let me know.

Chuck.
Now that you mention it i think your right that it looks more like a trolley car. I'll work on cleaning it up a little better and see if i can make out any more letters

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread