1890 Home London Eley Pinfire Shell

Blueblood

Oct 10, 2013
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure this site has been dug before. Didn't find one old coin. However, I did find an awesome Pinfire. Also, old brass spigot. Photos in 1890 and today included. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upvote 7

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just out of interest, why Eley pinfire when it states London?

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Search closely around that hitching post!

aj

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E B is for Eley Bros. I found a ton of info here and on general Google searches.

OK, makes sense, I thought you meant Ely, UK which is one of the longest (over 100 years) & largest manufacturers of shotgun cartridges.(to this day)

AaronN322

Mar 1, 2011
Canton, OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
an awesome Pinfire
Hi Blueblood, just a little information for you. This particular shotshell was made between 1861 and 1874. Eley shotshells such as this have been found in many ACW battlefields and encampments as well.

Ely, UK which is one of the longest (over 100 years) & largest manufacturers of shotgun cartridges.(to this day)
Crusader, I think you may be confused. Eley (the maker of this shotshell, based in London) is one of the longest and largest ammunition manufacturers and still exists. Ely, UK is just some city.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Blueblood, just a little information for you. This particular shotshell was made between 1861 and 1874. Eley shotshells such as this have been found in many ACW battlefields and encampments as well.

Crusader, I think you may be confused. Eley (the maker of this shotshell, based in London) is one of the longest and largest ammunition manufacturers and still exists. Ely, UK is just some city.

I think your right, I never looked into it. Now you taught me something - cheers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread