Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not 1000% sure but I'm "pretty sure".... Those dates correlate with patents filed and owned by a gentlemen named Amandus Metzger. He lived in New York in the county of Schenectady. He interest appears to have been in the electrical world. He held various patents in that field with those dates. I checked out 4 of them and they all referenced him. Sooooooo..... with that said I'd say the tag you found belonged on "something" electrically related. Mr. Metzger was all over the map on items he developed electrically. I'll try and nail it down further later with the tag ID #. I happen to own an engineering U.S. patent (7073241) and it was fun helping you..... Brad

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on the ID Brad!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting find congrats !

OP
OP
93vector

93vector

Feb 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
That's great! Thank you very much for your research time. At least now I have some type of idea

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's great! Thank you very much for your research time. At least now I have some type of idea

Mr. 93.... I tried and tried today to nail down possibly what the plate was attached to but I failed. I believe I'm now in a "box" and have to regroup. Now listen... I might be wrong with Mr. Metzger being the patent holder. I wrote down a lot of names using the 1st date and then proceeded to the next. And I crossed off the names that didn't follow the next patent dates. After the fourth one I just "assumed" Mr. Metzger was one smart fellow. So if this is right it was attached to something electrical.

Here's where I believe I could be wrong... Why would all these different patents be on one item? So I'm now thinking this pertains to one item and as improvements were developed so were the patents.

Gotta ask now.... Where did you find it and how? When found was anything else around it? We could contact the U.S. patent office with the dates you have and see what they respond with. There're much smarter than us on how to use there data base. If interested get back with the info guy.... later, Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions