The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
? ? ?With the weather here in New York in the upper 50's ,Jeff and I decided to go to an area that we found on an old map that has 2 old cellar holes along a creek and about a quarter of a mile off the road. So after a long search on one side of the creek we had no luck ,something was wrong .We were right the 2 foundations were on the wrong side of the creek ,Yes the map was wrong . Double checking the map and we were correct who ever made it made a mistake.? so walking back on the other side we found the first of the two old foundations.? We found some nice pieces including a civil war artillery cuff button, and some buckles and nice relics. since it was starting to get late we seen a snow mobile trail and walking back on it we found the other cellar hole. We started detecting that one and found the nice 1891 Pittsburg token. But with time running out we decided to leave and we knew we had to come back here in the future ..One thing I learned is that not all maps are correct. being made in the 1850 's someone made a mistake......Enjoy the finds!!!!!? ? Seeker

Attachments

• carson  allen  1-12-06 001 Medium Web view.jpg
    carson allen 1-12-06 001 Medium Web view.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 359
  • carson  allen  1-12-06 003 Medium Web view.jpg
    carson allen 1-12-06 003 Medium Web view.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 354
  • carson  allen  1-12-06 004 Medium Web view.jpg
    carson allen 1-12-06 004 Medium Web view.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 365
  • carson  allen  1-12-06 005 Medium Web view.jpg
    carson allen 1-12-06 005 Medium Web view.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 347
  • carson  allen  1-12-06 008 Medium Web view.jpg
    carson allen 1-12-06 008 Medium Web view.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 349
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet find's seeker....alway's got something cool to post,keep it up....HH!!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job seeker!!! That token is cool. What is the size of the token? I couldn't tell. HH Burdie

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Cool stuff. 8) Sounds like out of a movie...map wrong but find the treasure anyway. :D Keep looking. Sounds like there is more.

Mirage

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Seeker. I live in pittsburgh and have found alot of similar tokens like that. I am pretty sure market st is in downtown pittsburgh. The building looks really familar. I don't think they are in buisness anymore. This was a thriving area in those times. Alot of coins lost around here from the late 1800's and early 1900's. Alot of 1700's history here also. The battle of braddock and the fort at the 3 rivers. I love this area for treasure hunting. Looks like you guys were onto a good spot. You never know at these places when your gonna hit that one good coin.

HH Jer

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you marked that spot! Great stuff. I like the token.HH :)

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Seeker, I love that token. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh. Very cool. GO STEELERS!!!!!!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seeker, nice job on the research and the hunt for the cellarholes. I think finding the cellarholes is as much fun as detecting them. When you have those old maps, the distances are so vague. I've tried overlaying an old map over a USGS survey map and using the Latitude and Longitude coordinates and then using a GPS. Not a good method for these old maps. I was off by almost 3/4 of a mile.

Nice relics as usual, Seek.

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just love the building on that token, looks so delicately designed. Are you sure you guys followed the road from the right direction? ::) ;D

Peter
South Africa

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
As usual...excellent finds....I love that Belt plate...looks To be in the Egyptian style that was quite popular back then..The more you guys post,...the more I wish I could just follow you around for a week!. :)

OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pgill said:
Just love the building on that token, looks so delicately designed. Are you sure you guys followed the road from the right direction?? ::)? ;D

Peter
South Africa
Hey Peter...How are you? Yes to answer your question...we double checked the map and the marks on the map were indeed on the wrong side of the creek along with the names of the owners at that time... I use maps for most of my research and it's not like rocket science in reading them....lol The Seeker

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
There's no doubt...great finds all the way.

That token is extra nice and even with the hole should fetch a good price.

Very nice.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Super token and belt buckle. Persistence pays off,glad you finally found the cellar holes.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds, I love to relic hunt. HH, ringfinde4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions