jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in town for my parents 50th anniversary, so I brought my detector just in case I had some time to detect. My brother-in-law lost his wedding ring years ago at a soccer game as he threw a ball over a fence back on the field. They searched the area by eye, but never tried a detector. So I had a pretty good idea where the ring could be, I made a few passes where they were seated that fateful night...nothing, then behind their seated area, it could have slipped off on the back swing of returning the soccer ball back into the game....nothing. Then my sister and I tried on the field, so around the fence we went, I asked her about where the player was standing ready to catch the ball, I would do two 10ft swaths to start. I walked to that spot and did a swath to the fence on the edge of the field, made my turn and then back to the starting point I continued, on about the 6th target I got a "golden warble" sound, but it sounded to compact, I dug, I thought it was a bead or earring when I saw the glint, then it fell away from the clod, a casualty of the mower.... bitter sweet, but they have it back. Pretty heavy ring too. Sister was all smiles, and the brother-in-law was glad of the news..... :tongue3:

see ya, Jorge

Attachments

• bent2.jpg
    bent2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 737
  • bent1.jpg
    bent1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 738
  • ring_resize.jpg
    ring_resize.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 739
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jorge,
Welcome back my friend. Great job on recovering that ring, bent or not. At least it can be repaired. :thumbsup:
Honorable mention!!!!!!! :hello2:
-Doug-

OP
OP
jorge del norte

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Jorge,
Welcome back my friend. Great job on recovering that ring, bent or not. At least it can be repaired. :thumbsup:
Honorable mention!!!!!!! :hello2:
-Doug-

Thanks Modern Miner.......it was a sweet find!

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nice find!!!!! :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread