CTX 3030
Equinox 800
Equinox600
Makro Multi Kruzer
Garret ATpro
Garret ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been a long time coming. I mean I found this about 2 1/2 years ago with my ATpro and it has been sitting with other odds and ends ever since. I thought it might be gold but never saw a mark on it or tested it and I could not get the back off it. So it just sat with the rusted out machine workings with no face plate in it. I thought if it was gold it would have a kart mark on it. Well I finally figured out how to get it open, (out of boredom) but the watch working were still inside the back plate. A little oil soaking and I was finally able to pry the working out and to my surprise was a vintage makers mark I think European and 18K. I was shock and pleasantly surprised.

As it is this turns out to be my first piece of gold I ever dug and I didn't even realize it back then. I wish I could find out the maker of this watch. I think it was made in the 20's or 30's

Gold watches like this from certain makers go for thousands. I know this is not worth thousands now being buried for 70, 80 years.
But it does weigh in at 10.5 grams of 18k gold:hello2:
Would love to know if any of you know who the hallmark is B&M 18K it does have a very tiny bust type head on the back along with a serial #
Could it be a vintage Cartier watch

Thanks for looking
IMG_1858.JPG IMG_1850.jpg
IMG_1851.jpg IMG_1855.jpg
IMG_1852.jpg IMG_1856.jpg IMG_1857.JPG IMG_1859.JPG

Upvote 26

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the movement, even though it is roached....the movement will help identify it down the way with some careful detective work.

Great save!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread