18th Century in Kentucky, USA Rev War button,KG II Copper,New Jersey Copper and More

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My Brother (lifesagarden.digit) and myself got out today for a few hours to where i had found my 1787 New Jersey Copper Last week. i have been researching the area and checking maps trying to pinpoint where a site might be on this huge farm. So it took us about a hour finding newer type finds from the 19th and 20th century which is what we normally always enjoy searching for, but We was on a mission today to find a 1700's site. We finally started hitting more iron and than some flat buttons, than round pistol balls and melted lead than a real good signal rang out and little did we Know it was going to be another first for us Kentucky boys, A 1732 King George II half Penny !!! We took a moment for the excitement and thought of how we just dug two amazing finds on this farm within a week, but knew there may be more so we got back to swinging and digging some 5 thimbles, numerous buttons, early flat buttons, tombac, pewter, ball buttons and a Saddle Shield. We was hoping for another Copper and kept at it still digging some really nice finds including a few What is it's. than the time was closing in for when I had to Leave to pick up my Daughter, so we give it a last 15 minutes when BAM ANOTHER FIRST!!! Except this time not a Copper, It's a Rev War 1775 Continental Army U.S.A Pewter Button!!! The thrill and Excitement of Finding a Piece of Our Early American History here in Kentucky has made a Day we will never forget. it's killing us that we had to Leave but I can only imagine, what finds are still there waiting for us.

to Find A USA Button right here at Veterans Day is Something I'M Glad We both can share with all the Veterans of Tnet and all others to see, a button that to me Represents the Starting of Our Freedom as a Country created by all that has served. Thank You for your Service.

Added: After cleaning more on the Broken Pewter button half, I was able to determine that it's a Script "I" Revolutionary War Infantry button.

Thanks for Looking and Good Luck to all, Bill

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 234
  • photo (14).JPG
    photo (14).JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 148
  • photo (16).JPG
    photo (16).JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 141
  • photo (19).JPG
    photo (19).JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Upvote 18
OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah it certainly makes it believable. :) It's bigger than a Farthing, plus it's an entirely different style of Britannia used on the die. Once you have the two sunk in your brain you don't need to know the size to tell which is which.

Thanks, I was glad to see it in such good condition versus the poorly condition New Jersey copper I found Last week on the same farm.

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the awesome finds!

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
A great trio of hard to come by relics along with numerous other Colonial Era finds especially in a Kentucky cornfield makes it even more rare and special. You've nailed several lifetime finds all coming from the same site. A dream come true for many. Nice recovery of some of our proud Early American History. :occasion14: Banner vote is in. :icon_thumleft:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Lord what a site! I said that you'd find something else amazing at the NJ copper site. You dug two things in one hunt that I've never found in 22 years! Certainly coat that pewter button with Elmers glue mixed with a couple drops of water 75/25% glue water mix. Paint on with a small paint brush and let dry. That'll keep it from crumbling away to nothing.

Wow. I'm still amazed. That right there was the stuff that I tried for years to find in KY. But aside from Hill Billy's Nova Constellatio and an early 1800s 1st rgt. artillery button dug by Rodes, we couldn't manage to find early military or early coppers.

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Lord what a site! I said that you'd find something else amazing at the NJ copper site. You dug two things in one hunt that I've never found in 22 years! Certainly coat that pewter button with Elmers glue mixed with a couple drops of water 75/25% glue water mix. Paint on with a small paint brush and let dry. That'll keep it from crumbling away to nothing.

Wow. I'm still amazed. That right there was the stuff that I tried for years to find in KY. But aside from Hill Billy's Nova Constellatio and an early 1800s 1st rgt. artillery button dug by Rodes, we couldn't manage to find early military or early coppers.

Thank you and Thanks for the preservation tip, I never would had thought We would had a chance of digging coins and relics from this early age and especially Rev War, but as we was discussing the other day of this possible Site, The History put the right Travelers there in a homestead and We was fortunate enough to find it.

The only other Early Military Relic that I have on record being found on one of my Sites here in Ky was actually found last Year by Hillbilly and it was that amazing condition War of 1812 Militia Riflemans Button. So now that my Army of Kids have all Graduated and driving LOL, hopefully I will have the time to Keep us Searching for more and hopefully another chance of a Lifetime type site like this one.

okerraine

Mar 24, 2009
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Teknetics T2 Minelab equinox 800 CTX Firty Firty
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the great recoveries you got here in my home state..makes me feel good to know those goodies are still here to be recovered

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there was another Kentucky hunter on here last week complaining that there was nothing old to find in Kentucky ! Research and perseverance proves differently ! Awesome button find ! and other old finds as well ! Nice hunt !

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, USA button, KG, I'd say you're on a pretty special site, hit it hard sir, hit it hard

Great great finds, congrats

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome button! That ones in my top five wish list. Congrats on finding that site and all the amazing finds! There's got to be some more goods laying in that ground! HH!

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think there was another Kentucky hunter on here last week complaining that there was nothing old to find in Kentucky ! Research and perseverance proves differently ! Awesome button find ! and other old finds as well ! Nice hunt !

He is right there is nothing here in Kentucky, they should Look elsewhere,lmbo. Seriously though it's exactly like you say Research and perseverance will get you the older History. It was here before us, so it's up to us on how much we want to find it. Thank you

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome button! That ones in my top five wish list. Congrats on finding that site and all the amazing finds! There's got to be some more goods laying in that ground! HH!

Thanks and We hope so and can hardly wait to see whats next.

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No doubt! I'm happy to slide my tree coin over for that button lol

That Tree is a Super rare find, and my USA Button would look very nice displayed beside your tree coin on the banner, Especially here on Veterans Day.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Tree is a Super rare find, and my USA Button would look very nice displayed beside your tree coin on the banner, Especially here on Veterans Day.
Well those are the 2 things at the top of my lifetime wish list so I would be honored to see those side by side. Unfortunately lots of people don't realize just how incredibly that button is. Everybody loves coins including me but a Rev War button....that is something very special

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I'm not letting this incredible find get driven down so nobody sees it. C'mon guys this button is INCREDIBLE!!!!

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Ok I'm not letting this incredible find get driven down so nobody sees it. C'mon guys this button is INCREDIBLE!!!!

I was just thinking the same thing. It was starting to get lost and swarmed over by so many new threads. Glad you pulled it back to the surface for some fresh viewing. A USA Revolutionary War Button, 1732 KG II Copper, and a 1778 New Jersey Copper are really incredible finds in one site especially located in the Bluegrass State. I'm very proud of my brother rescuing these relics from the farming field we were hunting at. A few more years of fertilizer and soil conditions and these could have been lost forever. Sad thing is I was hunting only so many yards away from him on all 3 of these great finds :icon_scratch:. He does have an extra 20 years plus experience on me, plus I think he has that Fisher F75 of his custom tuned :laughing7:. I am very happy with my finds as well. Before this particular dig (Colonial Wise) I had only found one lonely "Tombac" button in the middle of a small corn field. So the multiple thimbles, numerous buttons, stirrup, and other items I found were a real treat, and can't wait to get back to see if there is more. :occasion14:

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That button has got my banner vote,incredible! I didn't know you and Life's A Garden were brothers,very cool!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just thinking the same thing. It was starting to get lost and swarmed over by so many new threads. Glad you pulled it back to the surface for some fresh viewing. A USA Revolutionary War Button, 1732 KG II Copper, and a 1778 New Jersey Copper are really incredible finds in one site especially located in the Bluegrass State. I'm very proud of my brother rescuing these relics from the farming field we were hunting at. A few more years of fertilizer and soil conditions and these could have been lost forever. Sad thing is I was hunting only so many yards away from him on all 3 of these great finds :icon_scratch:. He does have an extra 20 years plus experience on me, plus I think he has that Fisher F75 of his custom tuned :laughing7:. I am very happy with my finds as well. Before this particular dig I had only found one lonely "Tombac" button in the middle of a small corn field. So the multiple thimbles, numerous buttons, stirrup, and other items I found were a real treat, and can't wait to get back to see if there is more. :occasion14:
Yeah you fellas should be very excited about that site. You made some damn good finds yourself. There's a couple guys on here that comment on 60-100 threads in about 8 minutes and it just drives everything way down. I told your brother I wanted his Rev War USA beside my tree coin on the Banner so I'm doing my best to make that happen. It deserves to be up there. It represents our freedom and it's very fitting on Veterans Day

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was just thinking the same thing. It was starting to get lost and swarmed over by so many new threads. Glad you pulled it back to the surface for some fresh viewing. A USA Revolutionary War Button, 1732 KG II Copper, and a 1778 New Jersey Copper are really incredible finds in one site especially located in the Bluegrass State. I'm very proud of my brother rescuing these relics from the farming field we were hunting at. A few more years of fertilizer and soil conditions and these could have been lost forever. Sad thing is I was hunting only so many yards away from him on all 3 of these great finds :icon_scratch:. He does have an extra 20 years plus experience on me, plus I think he has that Fisher F75 of his custom tuned :laughing7:. I am very happy with my finds as well. Before this particular dig (Colonial Wise) I had only found one lonely "Tombac" button in the middle of a small corn field. So the multiple thimbles, numerous buttons, stirrup, and other items I found were a real treat, and can't wait to get back to see if there is more. :occasion14:

Thank Bro, The finds are Great and to Find A USA Button right here at Veterans Day is Something I'M Glad We both can share with all the Veterans of Tnet and all others to see, a button that to me Represents the Starting of Our Freedom as a Country created by all that has served.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread