Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to my favorite colonial site again last Saturday and did a lot of digging, sifting and detecting. When I was doing one of many sweeps of the sift pile I hit a good signal and found this small piece of jewelry.

one2.jpg

one.jpg

one1.jpg

It's either a small pendant or part of an earring-not sure which. Decorative brass with a cut colored glass "stone" inlay. This is the first piece of colonial jewelry with a stone/glass inlay that I have found yet.

I'll post the other finds later but I wanted to get some feedback on this. Any idea if it's a pendant or earring?

Thanks
Glenn

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess would be a small pendant but that's pure speculation based on the design. It's a great find regardless. I have a colonial cufflink with a stone but no jewelry per se

OP
OP
DownNDirty

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess would be a small pendant but that's pure speculation based on the design. It's a great find regardless. I have a colonial cufflink with a stone but no jewelry per se

Thanks Abe-we'll go with pendant then. 8-) That was my guess.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That looks period to me. Sweeeeeeet find Glenn - you're an animal in those pits! Keep at it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread