18th Century Qianlong Dynasty Chinese Export Porcelain Bowl with Hunting Scene

mikelv85

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my best find ever!

When I found this five months ago at the Goodwill I had a pretty good idea it was special. I had it authenticated and was amazed to find out it was real 18th century porcelain. It has some old restoration to it that is starting to fail on the bottom. So it wasn't perfect but I knew it was worth buying. I was watching "Antiques Roadshow" and saw Lark Mason commenting on two huge Chinese jars that wound up being worth $25,000.00. I found out from a friend that he was reachable through" i gavel.com." So I asked him if I could send the pictures of this bowl and he said "Sure I'd be glad to look at them" So I sent him the pictures and his comment was..."Looks good to me" in it's current state his estimate was 2000-3000 dollars. If it had not been restored and perfect, 5000 and up. He also said he would be glad to include it in his upcoming auction in April if I wished to sell it. He is a very nice and helpful person. Answering my e-mails very quickly. This was quite a bit more than a previous appraisal of only 900-1500 dollars which I had to pay for. Looks like I'll be going to New York in the Spring for the auction. -Mike-

Large Famille Rose Export Porcelain Punch Bowl with Hunting Scenes Circa 18th 19th Century Size .jpg Large Famille Rose Punch Bowl Hunting Scene 1.jpg

Upvote 1

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good LORD, what a great find!