18X3.6" Clean Sweep Coil for Sand Shark

thcst8

Sep 2, 2008
Fort Lauderdale
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark & Cortes <-- I love this thing!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 18X3.6" Clean Sweep Coil for Sand Shark

I haven't used the Clean Sweep Coil on the Sand Shark, but have on the Tiger Shark. Even on a PI the CSC will cover a lot of ground in a hurry to beat the competion. However it does only get about 7 inches deep on a VLF, but with a wide foot print. I expect about the same depth on the PI, but could be wrong.

Don't worry about pinpointing as you do it off the tip or heel and not the center.

OP
OP
T

thcst8

Sep 2, 2008
Fort Lauderdale
Detector(s) used

Well I just ordered a clean sweep coil from ebay. I will have to do some depth tests. I'll let you know how it goes Sandman. Thanks!

OP
OP
T

thcst8

Sep 2, 2008
Fort Lauderdale
Detector(s) used

Well I have tested the coil. It is super sensitive. Just tapping the ground by accident gives a false signal or moving it too fast will do the same thing. It its a bit heavy(I think 1.5 lbs) compared to my 8" coil. I get tired pretty quickly, but I am sure that will go away after lost of use. Oh and do not get the coil wet, it goes bonkers. I haven't found anything other some pennies and bottle caps with it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Because the coil sees more ground it also sees more salt and black sand.

OP
OP
T

thcst8

Sep 2, 2008
Fort Lauderdale
Detector(s) used

Don't get me wrong it's a nice coil. I can cover a lot of area in a short amount of time, but if I just tap a small pile of sand it gives a false signal. Because of this I have the hold the coil about 3+ inches above the sand so I will miss all the little piles.

Sandman said:
Because the coil sees more ground it also sees more salt and black sand.

I thought PI detectors ignore salt and black sand... I am on the SE coast of Florida. I don't see too much black sand around my area. Unless its deep, but I have dug some pretty deep holes and haven't seen any black sand.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.

thcst8,

I don't know all your circumstances as to where you are using that CS coil, but from what you have said it sounds like the one you have needs repair. Joe

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

On second thought Joe is right about your coil maybe needing repair, especially if you got it used form ebay. Either way Tesoro will make it right for you. It shouldn't sound off if bumped against the sand.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

You got it on Ebay you take a gamble you take a chance it might be good it might not be good..... ==Jim==

OP
OP
T

thcst8

Sep 2, 2008
Fort Lauderdale
Detector(s) used

Thanks for the heads up I will call Tesoro today.

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030

thcst8 said:
Well I have tested the coil. It is super sensitive. Just tapping the ground by accident gives a false signal or moving it too fast will do the same thing. It its a bit heavy(I think 1.5 lbs) compared to my 8" coil. I get tired pretty quickly, but I am sure that will go away after lost of use. Oh and do not get the coil wet, it goes bonkers. I haven't found anything other some pennies and bottle caps with it.

Shouldn't it work in the water??????

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Clean Sweep coil works well in the water just like on land. I can however get pushed around by the waves in shallow water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread