20220626_232410.jpg
    700.1 KB · Views: 54

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact "Fingers" Malloy, c/o Cell 193, Her Majesty's Prison Service, Dartmoor, England. Not sure how much he'll charge to open it but the last time he did a job like that he got £80,000.

It's a lovely thing. Try picking it up and giving it a rattle to see if it's empty.

Welcome to Tnet.

CoinsAndThings

Dec 4, 2020
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like traveller777 said, contact the previous owner and see what he can tell you.

I don't have a lot of experience with old safes, however on some old safes the tumbler pins begin to wear. When the pins are in that state, if you try putting in the combination too fast, the pins won't necessarily slip into place. Slow down and 'feel' the pin slide in. It's much easier to show than explain. But basically as you approach the combination number you will feel a slight hesitation and then you will feel it slide into place. Let it rest there for a sec and then continue.

I also noticed there are two marks to indicate the stopping point. Be sure you are using the right one.

Good luck

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen them open some in old western movies by using a bunch of dynamite, but that seems kind of exteme

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call lock smiths in your area. Also welcome to Treasurenet

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe try this

How do I open my Mosler Safe?

How to Open Mosler Combination Locks
  1. Turn the dial counterclockwise four times, until you reach first number of your combination. ...
  2. Turn the dial clockwise three times, until you reach the second number of your combination.
  3. Turn the dial counterclockwise two times, until you reach the third number of your combination.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like traveller777 said, contact the previous owner and see what he can tell you.

I don't have a lot of experience with old safes, however on some old safes the tumbler pins begin to wear. When the pins are in that state, if you try putting in the combination too fast, the pins won't necessarily slip into place. Slow down and 'feel' the pin slide in. It's much easier to show than explain. But basically as you approach the combination number you will feel a slight hesitation and then you will feel it slide into place. Let it rest there for a sec and then continue.

I also noticed there are two marks to indicate the stopping point. Be sure you are using the right one.

Good luck
The tumblers in this safe are discs not pins. Gare has the right instructions., if you don't begin in the right direction using the proper numbers will not open the safe. I have a similar Mosler, they are easy to set the combination to whatever you like once they are open. I have changed the combo on quite a few old safes, pretty easy on most of them.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
make sure you use the top mark ! The side mark is for setting the combination
EXACTLY!

If you overdshoot a number at all even a tiny bit, go back and clear it and start over.

Best action is to call a locksmith, $70 - $85 in my area. Hint write the combo on a piece of duct tape and put it on the bottom of a shelf or drawer in another room.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EXACTLY!

If you overdshoot a number at all even a tiny bit, go back and clear it and start over.

Best action is to call a locksmith, $70 - $85 in my area. Hint write the combo on a piece of duct tape and put it on the bottom of a shelf or drawer in another room.
Now that,s an excellent idea!:icon_thumleft:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe try this

How do I open my Mosler Safe?

How to Open Mosler Combination Locks
  1. Turn the dial counterclockwise four times, until you reach first number of your combination. ...
  2. Turn the dial clockwise three times, until you reach the second number of your combination.
  3. Turn the dial counterclockwise two times, until you reach the third number of your combination.
On Mosler safes you NEED to use this pattern EXactly !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread