1903 liberty head nickle

G

gigglygutts

With the snow finally gone and the sun shining brightly I thought *what a marvelous day for a walk by the river*. There on a rock, dirty with barely a glint left on it, was this nickle. Only once I picked it up did I realise it was an American coin. I live right on the Canadian side of the CDA/USA border so it's really cool to come across the odd USA coin.

Attachments

• coin.JPG
    coin.JPG
    6.6 KB · Views: 316
  • coin1.JPG
    coin1.JPG
    6.8 KB · Views: 312
  • coin2.JPG
    coin2.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 314
Upvote 0

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
WOW great silver find there gigglygutts. Is this your first silver find? You should post it on Best Finds page. Keep up the great detecting and let us know what other goodies you come up with.

OP
OP
G

gigglygutts

yup very 1rst find and havent even brought out the detector,,was just going for a stroll?, The writting on it is really good but I just cant get a decent enough pic with my el cheapo camera only real wear is on the liberty head itself. The word *united* is a bit faded as well.The area Im in is best known for underwater treasures so no doubt a great area to bring out the metal detector.
Thanks for the input!

R

robert_from_pa

No, unfortunately, they aren't silver, but it's a great find! I've been hunting almost 20 years, and I've only found a handful...

R

rvbvetter

That rock sounds like a great starting spot for your detector. Very nice!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread