maceman66

Mar 29, 2009
SE Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The S would be under the date on the front, try some warm peroxide and let it soak and then take a toothpick and gently remove what you can

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of peroxide would you suggest and would you mix water with it??? Thanks for the help

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put about a inch of regular store bought peroxide, (the stuff you clean scrapes with) in a small plastic yogurt container, nuke for a minute, check, re-nuke till it's boiling.
then drop in. Should fizz like a alka seltzer for awhile. Then gently rub with a soft toothbrush, or a q-tip. Do the front first, if it's an "S", it will be more valuable than just a plain 1909-VDB.
Not bragging, but I've managed two 1909-s VDB's, but both were pretty toasted. out here in Colorado older pennies seem to almost bleed/sweat out tiny pimples of copper, annoying as hell.
Mine you could see the "S", and the VDB clearly, but everything else was in bad shape.
Still a great rush though. Keep your fingers crossed, and us posted, either way!
Carl

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great amount of help has been given on your find.The V.D.B is certainly very tiny and located at the very bottom on the reverse of that penny. Now post pictures of the rest of your days findss.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread