New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very long day, just eating my sub for dinner. Two hours up to where I purchased my new CTX 3030, picked it up then went to George's house where he helped me set it up. Put the Gonehunting For History combined program on it, took it for a test drive where George buried a "pesky indian" he showed me the whole operation, (he was a great time saver, I would of been months trying to figure that all out) I went down the road to a park and took her for a half hour, forty-five minute test drive on my own. Found garbage, trash, and a few clad. Knew it was Friday so left the park (whatIfind would love that park) because I knew the shore traffic was going to be a bastid. I was in very heavy traffic, took me about two and a half hours to get home. Had to show my son the new beast, and went out in the yard for five minutes. I found four lincolns, three were old wheats, 1961, 1941, 1920, and the 1909 that had me all excited. I thought I seen the top of an s on it, under a skin that was all over it.
Tomorrow I hunt, my yard first then maybe the lake or some of my other old spots! Very exciting!
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

Attachments

• SAM_0852.JPG
    SAM_0852.JPG
    288.5 KB · Views: 94
  • SAM_0851.JPG
    SAM_0851.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 4

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Run it in the multicoin program occasionally too. For some reason I will sometimes find coins skipped in combined when I run multicoin.

I took out the new CTX Coiltek coil out today and managed to find a bunch of clad on a lot that was hard hit with two other detectors.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new machine! You and George were already formidable. Once you get the hang of this one, look out George!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Run it in the multicoin program occasionally too. For some reason I will sometimes find coins skipped in combined when I run multicoin.

I took out the new CTX Coiltek coil out today and managed to find a bunch of clad on a lot that was hard hit with two other detectors.
Thanks for the tip, big jump from my Pro, I really have a grasp on it. I predict I will be very sore all over at the end of the day.

Congrats on the new machine! You and George were already formidable. Once you get the hang of this one, look out George!
He lives in a great area, so do you guys, wish I wasn't so far away, too bad you are going to be away next Sat. I thought I was going to get to shake your hand Dude!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the tip, big jump from my Pro, I really have a grasp on it. I predict I will be very sore all over at the end of the day.

He lives in a great area, so do you guys, wish I wasn't so far away, too bad you are going to be away next Sat. I thought I was going to get to shake your hand Dude!

Don't worry. I will get that privilege soon. I wish I could have made Saturday too. Will be a great and worthwhile hunt. I bet some great finds are made! I didn't get to hunt a huge portion of the property. There just wasn't time that day. Good luck to all the ones who do make it.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry. I will get that privilege soon. I wish I could have made Saturday too. Will be a great and worthwhile hunt. I bet some great finds are made! I didn't get to hunt a huge portion of the property. There just wasn't time that day. Good luck to all the ones who do make it.

Dont worry Dave ill set up a private showing dor you and Brad...
Congrats on yhe CTX Brad...You will come to enjoy it even more..
And thanks for that tip Pointman. I will have to try it also..
George

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds.
Congrats on your new equipment.
Something tells me you're going to do very well with it.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's kind of funny. But ya know, I've never met a park I could honestly say I didn't like. Sure, many times I come away with no coins. But, since I come for the exercise first, I ALWAYS get what I came for. :) Still, I'm THAT one who comes along behind you and finds things that were missed. Been doing it all my life. Even before I knew what a detector was. LOL Some, just have a knack.

I had one friend who, when he saw me following along behind him, stopped, turned around and told me to GIT! LOL (I don't usually cause trouble, but, sometimes, I just HAVE to bedevil. :angel5: )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread