1912 T. H. FOLEY PLAYGROUND AND RECREATION ASSOC. OF AMERICA LAPEL PIN BOY SCOUTS WWI

Larryb

Dec 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried a new site today for a couple of hours. Was a school. Is now a ball field. Not a whole lot of finds so far but did get a 1943 Rosie and this 1912 boy scout pin.

006.JPG 007.JPG

This antique 1912 lapel pin was made by T. H. Foley and designed by R. T. Mckenzie for the Playground and Recreation Association of America (PRAA). The PRAA was founded in the U.S just prior to World War I in response to one-third of the men examined for enlistment in the U.S Army being deemed physically unfit for service. With conflict and tensions growing in Europe, the newly formed PRAA launched a major physical fitness campaign. The PRAA provided achievement badges and pins to young American boys to encourage physical activity, competitive sport and organized physical education within schools. The PRAA lapel pin was the first fitness commendation provided by the association.

Upvote 1

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Cool Pin .. I like it! Thanks for sharing it and its history ... I enjoyed the post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread