1913 Buffalo Nickel-

Fmt15

Greenie
Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At a coin show this weekend I picked up a few coins out of a bin, 75 cents each. I thought I grabbed 2 dated nickels and one no date... But once I got home I noticed the no date had a very faint 1913.. I looked at the back and it definitely is a raised plain the buffalo is on. The nickel is very worn and in G condition. I was just happy to pick this out of a bin, should I do anything to restore the date? What is a nickel like this worth? Thanks!

And I know everyone wants to see pictures, but there is no way an Iphone will give that clear of pictures, I've tried before.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Fmt15 said:
At a coin show this weekend I picked up a few coins out of a bin, 75 cents each. I thought I grabbed 2 dated nickels and one no date... But once I got home I noticed the no date had a very faint 1913.. I looked at the back and it definitely is a raised plain the buffalo is on. The nickel is very worn and in G condition. I was just happy to pick this out of a bin, should I do anything to restore the date? What is a nickel like this worth? Thanks!

And I know everyone wants to see pictures, but there is no way an Iphone will give that clear of pictures, I've tried before.
I assume you already looked for a mint mark an there was none?

OP
OP
F

Fmt15

Greenie
Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I checked and couldn't see anything, although even the five cents is worn down. I know this is useless without pictures.. But thanks for any help

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't try to do anything to bring out the date. I is worth more as is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread