1913-D Buffalo nickel, 1948-S Roosy dime, five wheats, and clad

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
I met Richard & Ron downtown near the University of Oregon today to do some detecting. I dug 7 clad quarters, 14 clad dimes, 6 nicklels, 41 memorial cents, 5 wheat cents 1920 to 1947, 1948-S Silver dime, and a 1913-D Buffalo Nickel (type one ~ Buffalo on mound). Also, another weird key ~ this one I assume is kinda modern ~ I assumed it was a key blank because it had no "cut" ~ but when I was cleaning I noticed there's little dimples ~ some dimples are bigger than others ~ the dimples are placed the same on both sides. The head of the key reads PATENTED / A2009 C1866 / DO NOT DUPLICATE Anyone know what this key is to?

Attachments

• Dec9coins.jpg
    Dec9coins.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 420
  • Dec9key.jpg
    Dec9key.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
nice finds. That sure is a bizarre key, can't say I've ever seen one like it. Good luck with the ID.

Shoe

Nov 18, 2007
Addison Township, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I've seen similar keys (where the lock pins rest in depressions on the sides of the key rather than the edge) in some military locks - they might have been the Sargent & Greenleaf locks on the main engine reduction gear covers on my 2nd ship. Keys were harder to duplicate, locks harder to pick - security measures.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oddcoins said:
I met Richard & Ron downtown near the University of Oregon today to do some detecting. I dug 7 clad quarters, 14 clad dimes, 6 nicklels, 41 memorial cents, 5 wheat cents 1920 to 1947, 1948-S Silver dime, and a 1913-D Buffalo Nickel (type one ~ Buffalo on mound). Also, another weird key ~ this one I assume is kinda modern ~ I assumed it was a key blank because it had no "cut" ~ but when I was cleaning I noticed there's little dimples ~ some dimples are bigger than others ~ the dimples are placed the same on both sides. The head of the key reads PATENTED / A2009 C1866 / DO NOT DUPLICATE Anyone know what this key is to?
Nice coins bud. I love the silver dime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread