1916 Buffalo

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Adam, you found a 1916 Buffalo nickel? It's worth as much as other common buffalo nickels. Dealers usually pay $.75 to $1.00 for a common date circulated Buffalo. I don't even think I have that date amongst the ones I bought when I was a kid. Nice find. I don't search nickels but am considering it just to find a buffalo. Yeah I have my share of 90%ers, 40%ers, 90% Roosies, Frankies, Walkers, wheats found from CRH but would like some variety. Buffalos and War Nickels would be nice to add but I don't know if the time is worth it to just find one or two per box because I'd have go throught the whole box. One can't tell be just looking on the side profile so one would have to open the rolls all up.

OP
OP
legend76

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to welcome my brother, Brian (aka bcbasement) to TNet. If you read my post, I never said WHO found it, just asked if it was worth more.

Let me explain for the rest of the members: While CRH'ing last night with my Brother and His Wife, my brother found a 1916 Buffalo nickel in MY $100 box of nics we searched. No silver, but it was nice to get the Buff (my first one CRHing).

I'll start a new thread and post all the other findings.
HH,
Legend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread