1916 D

animal

Aug 18, 2007
arlington texas
Detector(s) used
ace 250, Garrett GTI 2500 and Minelab Excalibur 800
Third post!
Ok! First off my in tensions on this site are to see who's out there and to see all the cool finds all you post and I don't look at the banner first I enjoy every body's posts.But my understanding of this situation is that I am fairly new to this site. So! If I find a 5 pound gold brick because I don't know Jeff of pa or am not buddies with half the people on this site my gold brick is a lesser find than jeff of pa's silver coin. I like chatting with fok on this site but if it is a popularity contest than something is wrong with this site. It didn't bother me when my coin did not make it on the banner. But how could one of the exact make it and not the other? I'm not trying to make no big stink out of this but some of the replies Just didn't seem fair or equal to every body. Abanner find is a banner find It shouldent matter who they are or how popular they are.

Second post!
about a year ago i found a 1916d merk I was so excited that I found a 1916d and then I was for sure that it would hit the banner. Never did! I saw the one that is on the banner now when it was posted. It took about an hour to get on the banner. I was wondering what the difference between his and mine is except mine is in better shape. I'm not beating his find because I think its great and I'm happy for him but i don't understand. Thanks and happy hunting!!!!!!!

Original post!
Hey all you gold diggers!
I've been watching y'all for a while, ooohing and aaawing at all your very nice finds. Well now, I'm going to show you what I've been blessed to wave my coil across. I started MDing on Feb. 5, 2007. I found a 1916d, my second silver coin on Feb. 23, 2008, a year and 18 days from my first swing. I found it in a historic park about an hour outside of Dallas, at about 6 inches. I'm adding a few pictures of other finds with my faithful ACE 250. I hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• 1916d1.jpg
    1916d1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 2,507
  • BEST OF-1.jpg
    BEST OF-1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 2,522
  • OF2.jpg
    OF2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,743
Upvote 0

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds and welcome to Tnet
we look forward to more great finds.
ill keep my eyes on the lookout for ya.
Ima

JCinNJ

Jan 25, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Wow! That's a pretty impressive collection for just over a year. Most of us only dream of finding a 16D. Welcome. If I were you, I would shoot your story over to Mr. Garrett. I think he would be pretty proud to see what you have done with his machine.

HH

- joe

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
Yep the look in your eyes was priceless ... Yes I was with him when he found it...

cant wait for the next hunt .. oh wait that is tomorrow :) see you tomorrow.. partner..

Morris

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Looks like you are really getting the hang of it. Keep at it!

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow your off to a very good start.(well acually you already had a good start ,now i got to catch up) l.o.l.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
WOW! Those are some great finds! I am in Dallas as well, what is the name of the park? Always looking for new people to go hunt with!
Baggins

K

KirkTN

Welcome to Tnet. Very nice finds.  Every time I dig a merc. I'm hoping it's a 1916d. Did get a 1916 a while back just no d. I tried to stare one on there but it just wouldn't take.
:D

Way to go

KirkTN

Attachments

• 1916mercurydimefront.jpg
    1916mercurydimefront.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 2,314
  • 1916mercback.jpg
    1916mercback.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 2,319

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
I bow before you!!

It is one of the coins every hunter hopes to find! I have found so many mercs that were in to bad a shape to tell the date, so I may have already used my one chance and sold it to the recyclers. LOL ........not!

Welcome!.......&.......further good luck!...............HH

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Nice...you have done well. :o
Love the pulltab cache haven't seen that since the 70S. :headbang:

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Super finds. Treasure I can only hope to find.-Someday-
Joe

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya dun good! That has been on my wish list since moving to Denver. Buddy just dug a 1916-S, found it face side up, oh, the agony when he flipped it over! Again, great stuff!

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very very nice! The idea of shooting the story of how you found everything over to Garrett is a good one. Who knows they are all ways looking for good promo pieces and if there like Whites they might give you a gift in return for the story.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
WOW! Those are awesome finds! Congrats. Where did you come across the shark teeth? I've got some of those. They are fun to find at one of the beaches we go to.

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put that baby on ebay..I had one last year ..sold it on ebay ..got $306 for it..and it was worst shape than yours.. your're maybe lookin at around 4-500 for it on ebay..very desireable coin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread