1916d Barber Quarter, 1910 Wheat Penny, 192? Buffalo Nickel...

Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Coiltech 15", Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0889.JPG

Another great 2 hours spent in the front yard of a 1910 house. I pulled out a total of $4.20 in change face value with a 1916d Barber quarter - my second, a 1910 Wheat penny, a 1940 something Wheat penny, a 1920 something Buffalo nickel, a Canadian penny, and a British Honduras penny. I also pulled out two electrical contacts from a Ford vehicle (I think because one says Ford on it). On Friday from the same front yard I pulled out a 1917 mercury dime, a 1910 Liberty Head V nickel, some wheat pennies, tons of clad, and a watch. There are still tons of hits I'm getting from quickly scanning the area of what seems like zinc pennies and clad. I would still be out there but a thunderstorm chased me away. I'll have to get out there again later this week and try to get permission for the 1832 house next door.

IMG_0890.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0888.JPG
    IMG_0888.JPG
    372.7 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 4

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Super finds! :headbang: I think you may as well park your RV or put up your tent there, save time & gas money, lol. :tongue3: Though if you're not as ancient as I am, you probably have to show up at a job every once in a while. Have fun & keep us posted. Andi

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you imagine if you got permission from a cute old lady to detect her property and when she woke up the next morning you had your tent set up in her back yard and were cooking bacon on the gas stove? LOL Actually, the last house I hunted had a sweet old lady who probably would have brought me out a cup of coffee she was so sweet.

Congratulations on your finds. Keep hunting and report back to us with your finds.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O yea-get out there asap and dig those signals!! With what you have already, I would snatch all that shallow clad out of there and then concentrate on the deep stuff!! Great stuff ! please keep us posted...great site! thx for sharing..ddf

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with DDF, get it out of the way, and get permission for next door.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread